We can't change our usernames anymore?

😦This sucks.. I wanted to change mine :/

Most Helpful Guy

• How can you not like the name "Yesits_GalaxyHotChoc"? A lot better than my silly screen name. But I do wish we had the ability to update them.

What Guys Said 9

• No. According to http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/account#18 They discontinued the allowance because of two probable reasons :-

#1. Sometimes, we remember or make an image of the person behind a specific username. If a person X changes his/her name to Y, you cannot simply identify him/her and thus he/she could impersonate as a different user.

#2. It muddles up the mention system. For example, let's say someone mentioned you like @Yesits_GalaxyHotChoc and then you change your username, I don't think that it would still work or devs have to reinstate the proper link to your profile under your new username for all of the previous mentions.

• I believe you were allowed to change it once before - I suppose so people know who they are dealing with -For example 12345 has a bad rep as a creeper people know not to accept his follow requests but if he changed to XYZ people would be fooled.

• I am guessing people abuse their ability to chance their username. They hassle people and pick on them and then change their username when they get a reputation for it.

• Apparently it would cause confusion but i doubt that.

• u can ask admins if u r still at some low level. i asked to change my username when i was a guru... but GAG system told me it would cause confusion if i do.

so i believe u can still do it since u r level 5!!! did u ask 'em?

• Nope, admins stopped allowing name changes after the @username feature was added.

• Lol, well, guess your stuck with it!

• there are 'other ways' to change your account. >.>

• I also would like to change it

What Girls Said 5

• Nope. No username changes :c

"Can I change my username?

Unfortunately no. Recently we have changed our policy and do not allow username changes anymore. Username changes have been starting to become more and more popular and these changes have been creating confusions among users. So, no more username changes. Thank you for your understanding."

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/account

• Yeah babe you can't change them anymore! I wanted to change mine into mookykooky 🙈

• Omg that's so cute!
      What does mooky even mean lol! Is that your name!!!
      It sounds like monkey and coo coo put together

• I agree that's so cute! I wondered where mooky came from too lol

• Lol babe, urban dictionary. Kooky just seemed fitting lol

• Meh. My guess is some people probably abused that feature or it became confusing.

• No, we can't :/ I wanted to change it Meanie Genie or GaG's wifey, LOL. XD
    by the way, I think your name is really lovely, :)

• When did gag change that? Don't worry about it, your username is cool :)