Why do people care whether you are anonymous or not on GAG?

I've seen several questions and takes where the asker or commenters have chosen to go anonnymous with their comments/questions for whatever reason and some people call that cowardly or try to call them out about not wanting to "show themselves," but this is the internet. Last time I checked Dingo112 was not a real name, that picture of Beyonce is sure as hell not you, and everything on your profile you could pretty much be lying about too, so what does it matter whether someone on here is annonymous or not? I would guess at least 90% of the people on this site have at least one form of lie or half-truth in their profile, name, or picture.

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually wrote the truth on my profile lol. My mentality "Even if you somehow found out my name or Facebook profile, big deal."

I think the reason anonymous people have a bad rep is because often times the trolls on this site do indeed go anonymous. While some person may not have their real identity on their profile or whatever, the profile adds some accountability-- a face if you will.

I would like to add though that it is not necessarily bad to go anonymous. Sometimes people are paranoid that someone will figure out who they are. It's only a bit cowardly when you believe the extra layer of anonymity gives you a right to rudely troll people because you know you can get away with it.

What Guys Said 2

• It is like this some bothered to go through all my answers on this site you would piece everything together about me but you would have to monumentally bored. Whether or not you go anon makes no difference to me just be constructive in your activity here is all I ask.

• I guess some people want it to be about personalities. I prefer to let the words speak for themselves.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm an avatar lol

• so why are you hiding profile? why it is private? you are just internet person, you can be anything? why is this privacy for? since you mentioned you are just internet person

• there is literally NOTHING on my profile so why do you care... to see nothing.

• lying is your problem ; not mine

• what are you even talking about because you don't even know me, LOL!!!<---irony

• Because people on here wanna know who offends them so they can send them message saying how offensive they are.

• They can't think of any other question topic?

• I'm very paranoid and if I write something specific that someone I know would read and think it's me then I would go anon. I don't want people knowing I have an account here lol

• I actually agree. I never understood that either. I'm anonymous 95% of the time on here. Not because I'm a coward or anything. I just like the anonymity. But for morons, that's wrong or cowardly, because they need to label you and know overtime you comment sheesh

• exactly that... this isn't like a FB where you may actually see or run into someone in your hometown... these are as far as I know a bunch of random people asking questions to one another. Why do I need to care who you really are and what you really do in life. I'm here for an opinion on something or to give an opinion not be your best friend.

• Usually, from what I've seen, the "you're a coward because you're anonymous" thing only comes out when you're either in an argument or have said something controversial that they disagree with you. Being anonymous it's hard to pin you down and most of the time they want to be able to say oh girl123 is the same one who said this and that, and it's hard to do just that when you're anonymous.