GAG needs communities. Do you agree?

This is a question and advice site. I think communities would be a very good addition to the site. As ou can tell by my username, there are some things that really interest me for example, if I made a drawing and wanted to share it with others and get feedback/critique. No offense to non artists but I'd rather hear feedback from other artists. Good idea or?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely agree. I love sites that have joinable groups. It's a great way to find like-minded people and those with common interests and such.

• I'm not sure why people are assuming the worst from it. It's not like all hell is gonna break loose just because you allow more customization. People naturally have different interests and beliefs.

• I still just find the need to speak out if I don't agree with something though. Not necessarily in an angry/pissy fashion.

• I want to, but I know they won't listen, and their ignorance will only increase my frustration and anger and eventually I'll just end up swearing in caps lock. It's happened before.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yasss! We should have factions and elections. I call dibs to be the leader of the Foodie Unite Party.

• LMFAO! Can you imagine the chaos? It'd be fun!

• I know right? under the table alliances, secret assassinations. Ohh I'm getting an erection just thinking about it.

• @BellePepper honestly I think you are overreacting... like wars? Really? There are tons of sites like these that have groups or communities.

What Girls Said 3

• gag is a community. that's how it was designed. dividing it further wouldn't really promote gag as a community. it'd turn it into high school, where all the artists hang out, or the fashionistas get to talking, or the sex crazed people get to discuss their fantasies, or the virgins describe how ashamed or proud they are...

u know? it just wouldn't b good.

• I'm not implying that they rip it apart. I just think that allowing you to narrow down your interests would help the community. The same main homepage feed would still be there and everything but you could be basically "subscribed" to groups. For example I'm an artist and I'd like to post pics and receive critique from other artists. Non artists will be impressed with all of my work, only artists will be able to point out the pros and cons of it.

• Where would I fall in? ;(

• ok then.

im not sure man. probably the group of misjudged guys lol. @ihav2fart

• Hmmm... I think it might create cliques plus then you would really be limiting your potential audience. It's already a challenge for some people to get answers for anything so :/

• You have a valid point.

• "Your issues aren't valid and you're just being negative" Wow. I feel so convinced now.

• Well it's true. The examples I gave (though very vulgar) directed an insult on myself and used profanity on you yet you chose to completely ignore the insult to myself and only focus on the one on you. That is on top of the fact that you're assuming that WWIII is gonna break out on GAG if this happens and that it's impossible to create any balancing systems to prevent that. How can you expect me not to think you're being negative?

• I'm liking this idea👍

What Guys Said 2

• Yes and no I suppose like you I am an artist and comments from non artists are never really helpful. Because no offense to them they have no clue what to look for or even what style of art I'm painting in :/

But at the same time I don't think dividing community into smaller ones is a good idea it would leave to bad stuff, so instead opt for an art forum.

• Yeah I think that is a good idea