Do you believe opinions and comments should be not allowed if a question’s 3 months old or more?

Oh well….. personally I believe they shouldn’t…anyway wot’s da point of someone answerin in an old question/opinion? Also it might be a question dat asker’s ashamed of it now :|

• agree
  • disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps a better option would be for the asker to be able to close comments after a month (or whatever).

• I think some questions are interesting enough to warrant renewed discussion.

• @red_arrow didn't know.. thanks!

• Thanks for MHO.

What Girls Said 5

• I see your point cuz they may be embarrassed or already have gotten over the situation or they have already solved/figured out there problem. It's just sometimes u ask questions that u really need a answer to & if no one answers, you maybe stuck for a long time contemplating & not sure what to do (If the situation is still happening). Some people may still need clarification. Like I said I get your point, I also think still having the option to answer the question is okay. :) so I'm between agreeing & disagreeing lol it really could go either way.

• actually i see it pointless as well... after 3 months problem has been already solved

• Yeah true lol

• No, I like that you can still comment.

• but wot if asker's ashamed now of a question he made a while ago and some GAGer re-digs this question?

• @remonster but goin anon's against my morals :|

• @Asker then just go anon or disavow.

• i agree with your point of view

• If they are going to block commenting after a certain period of time might as well delete all old questions.

• actually i don't see y not? i don't think they r needed anyway after 3 months been passed

• No these are non active ones. I know my old one is still there.

• then u mean inactive accounts... yeah i agree

• Yeah, I agree

What Guys Said 8

• You mention that the Asker might be ashamed of the question after so long. Truth is that the Asker may be ashamed of the question five minutes after posting, but there is no option to stop comments at that point. why three months. I cannot see being ashamed as connected to three months at all. If the Asker is ashamed at any time, they can disassociate from the question. If they find being anon on it against their morals, then live with it.

Many questions on her the Asker should be ashamed of, simply because they show the Asker has not engaged their brain. People should spend a bit more time trying to figure their own answers, and then if the question still should be asked, look it over and make sure it asks what you want, and is clear enough for others to understand it. A lot of questions on here I just shake my head at because I have no idea what is being asked.

And sometimes people do not get an opinion that is satisfactory to them in their circumstances. Then suddenly, months later, someone sees the question and has a different thought about it, and that person's opinion is exactly what the Asker needed.

I can see no good reason to cut off the ability to respond to a question after a length of time, but can see reasons to allow good answers whenever they happen.

• I am in two minds - Of course circumstances may have changed but on the other hand the responsder could be the fresh pair of eyes that question needed no matter when they answered - I think the possibility if option 2 outweighs irritation of option 1

• I can understand that necroing threads is annoying but people are told to search for topics they have questions on before making a new one to avoid repetitive threads, and if you find what you'd looking for it's only polite to thank them. I'd rather have one thread necroed a lot than a bunch of newer threads repeating the same topic.

• The fact that we can necro such old questions could be seriously abused considering the abundance of questions that are highly antagonistic and controversial. I mean someone could just search a hot buzzword like feminist or black/asian and answer a hundred questions about that, effectively stirring the pot and pissing a lot of people off.

• Nah, I think it's just more annoying that the question is probably no longer relevant.

• No, doesn't really matter to me.

• nope they shouldn't tbh...

• Because till then we don't need it, (that very situation is gone).