Age descrimination on GAG?

on GAG if your age is older than 25, your questions seem to be unnoticable and ignored.
unless, it's openly sexual in the title...
I use this place since September, I notice it a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't think it has to do with age just the topic seems like older people have more complex life situation that can not really be answered by everyone where as the younger folk ask simpler more ez to answer questions i only answer questions i know i can give a good answer to regardless of age or any other factor also if they are basically the same questions i seen like 1000 times i won't answer it either which they usually are

Most Helpful Girl

• I've asked a question before and got like 25 responses. So I don't think it's age discrimination.

I've noticed GaGers in general usually avoid really serious questions or questions with lots of detail (especially if not broken into paragraphs). Older people usually ask questions like this. That's why many avoid it. Many prefer something nice and light.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 11

• Hmmmm... overstood. I can relate somewhat' what I have learned to do is' if a question is asked' and depending on the kind of question' I would answer with no error' if it is a hypothetical question or a rhetorical one that lets me know the questioner already came to a conclusion before asking the question' and refuse to except any other answer...

• Also what I've learned to do is comment on topics that are intelligent or just add on to others positively. I would like to hear some of your questions or comments. I have never had any questions to ask' I've been accustomed to commenting' or answering questions.

• There are a lot of factors why a question is popular or not - I honestly don't think age is one of them.

• I dunno, never asked a question, but I've answered a bunch from 25+ people.

• I think many gag users are under 25, between 16-22 is probably the majority, i really dont discriminate much at all, usually older people ask more serious questions which i enjoy answering and leaving the best opinion i possibly can.

• If you notice it a lot, you might also notice the questions between

• I don't see age when answering a question here

• cool story..

• really haven't noticed it... I don't consider people's age at all when giving opinions...

• I think questions from 18-25 and under 18 are more popular for sure.

• It's not age discrimination. It's just 25-29 anons who usually go anon and ask long detailed questions just really gets low response.. Gagers tends to like who the asker is and tends to avoid long questions. It's not the age.

• I noticed it too.

What Girls Said 7

• They removed the ability to filter the GAG feed by age group, which is annoying. Before then it was easier to find questions from people who were a similar age and I got more responses, presumably because other people also used the filters to find questions from their own age group.

• Huh? That hasn't happened to me yet.
    I notice questions that are lengthy don't get answered as much replies as the short easy to answer questions.
    It really depends on the content.

• Consider the audience: is most of the website under 25? Can they relate to your problems or questions if they are much younger than you?

Also consider that many people 25+ use this website to prey on younger people and indulge their weird and disgusting fetishes.

• Try being 35 lolol! It's horrible 😂

• Well I answer without looking at the age of asker..

• The teens get ignored more than u. If you write long detailed questions, some are really obvious, I don't bother.

• Well I get told me opinion is irrelevant due to being only 15 so I feel your pain