Is it just me or do you also get people who copy your opinions?

I've noticed that sometimes I'll post an opinion and when I check back on the question later, someone else has copied my opinion or at least made a variation of my comment. I'll check the timestamp to make sure I didn't accidentaly copy them but no, it'll be about an hour or something after my opinion was posted. I mean, if you like the opinion so much then just upvote it, you don't need to copy it, geez. I doubt they would've accidentaly copied mine because it'll be so similar.

• Happens to me too
  • Never happened to me

Most Helpful Girl

• nah i don't read into it to much, but if people are doing that that just shows a lack of creativity or thought

Most Helpful Guy

• Well there's only so many different opinions on a particular topic so it's likely that you won't be the only one with that opinion, however if it's like word for word the same then that weird.

What Girls Said 14

• It happened to me the other day. It wasn't like the guy had just made something similar - he'd actually copied and pasted what I'd written. I called him out on it and he was like 'I copied it because it was true and honest' or something like that, I don't really understand why he felt the need to copy and paste my opinion but whatever :P

• I've noticed that too, normally on mytake comments. Someone will write a take, everyone will agree with it, then I will make a comment disagreeing with it and notice someone else make a comment right after mine, disagreeing as well.

I don't think they're copying, I just think some people are afraid to go against what they think is the majority but once they see someone else do it, they decide it's ok then. It could be something like that or maybe your opinion just influenced them so much that they just had to say something lol.

I honestly don't read comments normally before I post, unless it's just some dumb "how do I look" question.

• You have to take into account that your opinion is not all that unique and many will share your sentiment.

"I think stealing is bad."

So does the majority of decent people. Doesn't mean anyone else who said it has copied you.

Unless you said "I rode a Hitler pony to work and made out with Captain America" and another user said the same thing, you're being paranoid.

That being said, there were instances where majority of users were agreeing on a subject, then my rude ass turns up and challenges OP's bull only to have other users follow suit. Then yes, this happens quite often.

• It's nothing like that. I'll make a unique joke and then other people will Copy it

• Hitler Pony? Where can I get one of these from? I need this in my life!

• I have noticed this happening. It's so obvious and we know who posted the opinion first, so I don't know what the point is.

• These are considered spam posts and it has been happening a lot recently to many different users. If you notice that a user has copy/pasted your opinion, please report it as spam.

• Its annoying as hell, get your own opinion or if you have a same or similar one word it in your own way!! lol

• I don't go back to see what others said.. and I don't open the whole question with opinions.. but there are sometimes when someone else notices and comments that we both gave a same opinion and it we laugh about it.. it is just a coincidence..

• Sometimes it is a coincidence (even I've accidentally had the same answer as someone else before) but other times it's just too similar to be a coincidence. But I don't care that much it's just like.. what's the point lol

• Now you are one person I should NOT forget!! LOL!!

• Yes. Better keep that in mind old... 😊 @dogbert444

• Honestly, I haven't noticed
    ... but now you've made me paranoid lol :P :D

• Orrrrrrrrrrr... they just have the same opinion.

• You literally just commented on an opinion which made the same statement that I replied to so I'll say again..

It's nothing like that. I'll make a unique joke and then other people will Copy it

• I know, I agreed with it wholeheartedly. I left my own comment so @MaskedSanity didn't think I was stalking her old comments because I missed her so!

• It has never happened to me but I have noticed some comments that looked like copy & paste.

• happens but i don't mind

• Happened to me only once. Probably cause my opinions suck XD

• I've never had it happen to me (that I saw) but I've seen it happen to other people.

• I sometimes post without reading what has already been posted. So I've probably done this. Not intentionally.
    I'd really only care if someone copied my opinion and then got mho for it.

What Guys Said 4

• Never happened to e, but there were a couple of glitches with GAG in last two days. One of my opinions was posted twice, but the second was by someone 18-24, not 17. And they were anon!

It happened again later, when I noticed a lady's opinion was posted twice, again outside her age group by an 18-24 anon.

I guess it could be a copy and paste job by some 18-24 anon guy!!

• And it was a minute after the original proper post!

• That's quite weird but the people who have the same opinions as me don't copy and paste it and they're not anonymous

• If you see duplicates please report them by clicking on the flag icon next to the post.

• Take it as a compliment - Nobody ever copied mine

• Could be that they just didn't read other opinions.