Why am I getting recommendations for questions of users I have blocked?

I have the "Hide blocked user activity" setting turned on. It isn't working. Anyone else have this problem?

@GirlsAskGuys

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems that feature has never worked. For instance the guy that didn't answer your question here is blocked but I still see him always.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know, but from a programming point of view, I would assume that the algorithm for selecting recommended questions is based on their relevance to the question (s) you are browsing. They aren't necessarily linked to the user's activity. Makes sense?

• Then the part of the program that allows you to block certain users is broken, no?

• The question description. The words under the question itself. I have that feature enabled - it isn't working.

• Well, apparently, I have failed to communicate my ideas properly. I read the description and I understood what you are saying all along and I tried to explain it, but I am not getting through to you. Forget it. Wait for the specialists who can actually provide a helpful answer or solution to your problem.

• I haven't noticed this particular issue, but I've noticed something similar.

When I am suggested certain questions to open, there are lots of questions from "Anonymous" that I'm all but certain come from users I follow. It's kinda obvious in certain cases who writes those questions, weakening that user's ability to be anonymous.

• It shouldn't happen if you have no anonymous opinions allowed
    if you ask anonymous questions anyone can answer them with no problem
    and they really need to stop that from happening and if you allow anonymous
    users to post their opinion yes it can happen that way too ,

• I haven't noticed I have that turned on as well - I will keep an eye out for it.

• I haven't had that issue. Has been like that after the last update on the site?

• I think so. I don't really remember.

• It's aggravating as hell though.

• Oh I'm sure it is annoying. I was wondering if the updated programming might have messed with the coded portion pertaining to blocked users.

What Girls Said 3

• Yup, I have mine set to that also. I just blocked people who block me and I still see their questions and answers, I thought maybe I misunderstood what clicking that meant maybe.

• i think that this feature has never worked because i'm in the same situation as you

• I don't block anyone so I don't have this problem