Are you annoyed by users throwing themselves pity parties?

Because I sure as hell am.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they continuously do it. In particular, the guys who bemoan their singlehood. I feel sorry for them, try to help, they don't take the advice... and continue to ask about it.

And that makes people shrug their shoulders and cease helping them. Then they cry about how people aren't helping them.

What Guys Said 15

• I tend to avoid them - You can spot them a mile away , they are 8 pararaphs long and the first three words are " Long story short.."

• Yes... I just get so distraught when I see people doing that, and I start to cry and don't know what to do! 😭 Why do they do that to other people who just came hereto talk about stuff? They're ruining my whole day!!

• YES! HELL YES! If they want to whine they can go start a blog somewhere.

• Oh god, I would prefer that they did. I can offer you advice but I'm not going to be your only emotional support.

• I know right? If I wanted to be a therapist I would go back to school and become one.

• It depends. I mean, you can't blame some people for trying to let loose after they've been either suddenly or constantly burned by life. If I don't feel sorry, I don't point it out. I leave it be. Otherwise, I may give some support.

No need to label every attempt at hearing something uplifting as a pity party.

• Eh, I'm more talking about the "no one will ever love me because I'm too fat/ugly/whatever so I'm just going to give up should I?" type of posts.

• True but compassion can go only one way while repetition can either do a lot of good or make things go completely down South.

• In the case of these annoying posts, it only goes south.

• No I'm not :) is there a reason why I should be?

• Repetition saps compassion.

• I don't opine out of compassion hence repetition doesn't bother me :) Either way we have a choice not to opine :D

• To be honest, I am far more annoyed at the people who so quickly use the term "pity party" at people who may very well be in a lot of emotional pain.

• 0|1
  • Well it probably isn't always the same person, people just have the tendency to be generally miserable.

• It's very common all over the Internet.

• Not really.

• So the constant "no one will ever love me because I'm ugly/fat/whatever" isn't too much for you?

• No. I just agree with them and move on.

• I pity pity parties. (Tongue twister) ;)

• No because I realize if I had a problem with it I could simply leave, as could you

• Somebody's feeling a tad defensive today, yeah?

• yes very much so

• Naw I just call them out when I see it or ignore it

• what do you mean?

• the "no one will ever love me because I'm too fat/ugly/whatever so I'm just going to give up should I?" type of posts.

• You're still failing to address my principal problem with these posts: when they are repetitive and show that the askers are not doing anything to remedy their situations, they are just looking for sympathy. I have my own shit - I can't be someone else's sole emotional support.

• no i understand

What Girls Said 4

• More annoyed by the shameless fishing for compliments and asinine comments.

• I'm annoyed by a lot of posts so I just don't read them. People throwing 'pity parties' don't really annoy me though. This is their outlet and if it makes them feel better than so be it. Now if it is the same person with the same post week after week that gets annoying. It's like nothing has changed move on from this toxic situation. : /

• That's what I'm talking about. Write a blog instead, ya know?

• All the timeeeee~

• I'm over it.