What is up with all the censoring on this site?

Everything is getting romoved because it's "antagostic" or "offensive" I posted a sarcastic comment, that were actaully in some ways a compliment, it got removed for being offensive. I posted a question with an innocent picture where a girl were topless, because it had relevance to the question, and it got removed for some stupid reason too
(may I add the girl were from google images, I think she is a porn star, but the picture were pretty innocent, and much like a 70'ties hippie camp or something)
Why can't you do anything in here, whitout they remove it? They say they want this to be censor free, but they censor the living shit out of this place. Who is doing it, and why can't you reply to the "you opinion/question have been removed" messages?

This site is like god damn north Korea..

What do you think?

• I think it's fine.
  • Im for freedom of speech, this site is censoring too much. As long as what you post isn't completely out of line, it should be allowed here.
This will probably get removed too, heil.
I see the guys agree more, that we should be allowed to express ourselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• GAG must have authorized a new Nazi moderator. I know what you mean! It's ridiculous, and you can't even respond when they do it!

Most Helpful Girl

• The posting guidelines are very clear about you can and cannot post on this website. We've all agreed to follow them to keep our community a nice place that everyone can enjoy. We need to all do our best to remember that our words and image choices impact others.

You can look over the posting guidelines here http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

You can actually can ask someone about why something was removed, and I belive it says this in the content removed alert, by asking the administration via http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

What Guys Said 10

• First off, innoncent or not, nudity is still nudity. It says right in the FAQ what is allowed and what's not. The moderators follow the rules in the FAQ. We went on to GaG, so we need to follow the rules they set on here. If we don't like it we can go somewhere else.

Posting a picture of a topless porn star is still considered porn, and is there intended for people older than 18. GAG was made for people 13 years or older though. In some places porn is technically illegal for those people, like in the US (even if people still watch it-- ever notice the "agree/disagree" thing you'll find on porn websites?).

If you want to post offensive comments, or nude pictures, or topless women, whatever, you can do so on 4chan, reddit, wherever. However, GAG does not need it.
    They are just in their censoring.

• Nudity is not porn.

• While it may not be offensive to you, it is offensive to many others. Many consider nudity a version of "soft porn."

Even so, posting topless pictures is not something 13 year olds need to stumble upon while going on this site. Why does GaG need to allow nudity? We accepted the guidelines the moment we made an account. If I recall we hit a checkbox? GaG can do whatever the hell it wants, and if we don't like it, we can ask somewhere else. Nothing says you need to post here or stay here.

If you are a 13 yr old dude looking through GaG and you see a porn actress topless, and your parents come up behind you seeing your computer screen, how many people would keep that website open? Would he be like "no big deal, it's just art" or would he quickly close it and hope his parents didn't see.

If people are ashamed of their parents seeing a nude picture of someone, it is offensive. Even if you aren't ashamed or offended, I can guarantee quite a bit would be.

• Yes to oppression.

• ahahahahah i dont understand either fam.. i got like 2-3 comments removed because it was antagostic lol... you get me fam?

• There's actually a limit too. 1 or 2 more antaginistic comments and you get permanently banned.

• This question offends me. Someone should censor this.

• This site is 13+ not 18+.

• I am usually quite bland and try to stay away from controversial most of the stuff I have lost was unintentionally offensive.

• Without censorship this site would end up like Yahoo Answers, I swear 70% of their users are trolls.
    It's a necessary evil.

• It's not the censoring per se that bothers me as much as the hypocrisy.

• As with many censoring actions the people in charge of it have taken it from removal of offensive things to "things I dont agree with must go!" Hence all opposing viewpoints, facts that dont support their personal opinions get deleted along with everything else.

• This site is super pussified for all the pussies who flock here.

• I agree. It's fucking irritating I spend 10 minutes writing a very well thought out question only for some mod to delete it at a whim.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm for freedom of speech but considering how many GAG users would abuse freedom of speech here, the censoring is necessary. If there was no censoring, this place would be a mad house. It's important to set guidelines and boundaries among a mass group of people otherwise the exchange of knowledge and help will be smothered by trollery, bad attitudes, and toxic drama.

• Im not saying everything should be allowed here, there are others sites for that, Im just saying the censoring and banning has gone too far.

• I guess.

• Happy venting. :) Lol

• "They say they want this to be censor free,"

Who says that? If GAG wanted to be censor free, they wouldn't have moderators and guidelines for removing certain questions/comments.

And this is a private website, not the government. They don't have to allow for freedom of speech. They can make and enforce whatever rules they want.

• "Though we strive to offer uncensored content"

• That doesn't mean they fall of their chair from outrage, if they see a girl who happen to not be wearing a bra.

• Because this is a website for ages 13+, there are probably legal reasons why GAG does not allow nudity on the site.

• Freedom of speech applies but can be limited depending upon the owner. So if the owner wants to add restrictions, they can.

I think we should be able to curse someone out or call a fool out who is blatantly lying instead of being removed as "Member Post" or "Antagonistic".

Not to mention the number of butt-hurt people on here who are easily offended (it seems) or purposely report just to get you in trouble.

It's pathetic. It can be annoying as well, but I shrug my shoulders. I find it interesting that none of my sarcastic comments have been removed... then again, I usually use emoticons to make it known.

• I think Kim jong pays the gag team really well here.

• "posted a question with an innocent picture where a girl were topless"

Pretty understandable why it got removed.
    But I will admit some posts get hidden even though they are not offensive or harmless but I only noticed that happen twice so far.

• being rude and offensive is not freedom of speech unless you re saying it to yourself

you are free to express yourself unless it's violating someone elses freedom of not wanting to read inappropriate crap

• There is no such thing. Freedom of speech HAS to include yhe freedom to offend otherwise every thing is offensive and we might as well anolish the notion of 'freedom of speech' all together.

• It's the same racism, it's just wrapped in a nice little sugar coat. I would be more offended by: "i dont like colored/african (American) people for this or that reason" than I would: "I HATE THOSE ****** NIGGERS !"
      If one is banned, then surely the other should be too. Or should racism be okay, as long as it's presented nicely? Surely just adding a "fucking" shouldn't make it worse.

• My last comment to you (the one right above this one) actually got removed, but then I got a message they had reinstalled it.