Is building a positive G@G community important to you?

Is it important to you to feel safe and included in this lovely community? Do you understand and respect that certain guidelines must be followed in order to do so? Discuss.

• Yes - a positive community is more important to me than freedom of speech
  • No - I should be able to say whatever I want and however I want
  • Unsure/Somewhere in the middle

Most Helpful Girl

• When I hear people complain about being censored on here I just side eye *reeeeal* hard. Like what are the things you can't post that you really want to post? Do you want to talk about hating other people or having sex with children or animals? Because that's like the only things you can't talk about. And who is it hurting to not hate other people? No one. Who does it hurt to talk about hating other people? Everyone.

I'd pick A for GaG every time.

What Guys Said 15

• 5|3
  • I'm in the middle. I know I can be harsh but I'm real and sometimes that harshness is needed when enforcing a point, and this can cause some users to get irrational which can show them how negative they actually are when it comes down to it. A lot of relationship problems do involve telling people things they don't want to hear. This messes with cognitive dissonance. I find it to be a balance. At the same time, there's clearly many people looking for a fight when it comes down to it but those people typically are only here to troll... anonymously a lot of the time. If people would just flag them I'm sure there would be much less of it.

I know I'm blocked by many people on this site already and I've never felt the need to block anyone myself. I've also gotten comments about how they like that I'm real about things myself which has lead users to asking me more personal questions to help them (granted they can be long walls of text). There's been countless times where you'd have certain users posting the same "question" day in and day out. I recall one tall girl obsessively hating on shorter girls and when I'd open the profile, it was the same question repeated. Way back in the past there was also a user who kept posting "questions" about his refusal to approach women anymore. These kinds of people need harsh treatment. Sure it'll likely anger them temporarily, but they'll come around.

• Personally, I'm very concerned with the body-shaming and race-baiting that happens. Administration doesn't do anything about it because it technically doesn't violate any guidelines. I'm also very concerned about how people with violent and/or offensive fetishes are allowed to post and interact with very young people. There's no consistent message on what is and what isn't allowed - a take that was basically a rape how-to guide was promoted for almost a week. Like, nah. That's not okay with me, but admin doesn't care. Each mod has their own agenda too so there's no chance for consistent enforcement of the rules and guidelines.

• "Freedom of speech" doesn't mean other people have to listen to you... You could kick someone off of your property if he/she were making an ass of him/her self, so why couldn't you kick someone off your server/site/whatever? (this feels really icky, by the way... I like to think of myself as part of the problem, in my own way...)

• I think it's important. And I understand that the guidelines are in place for a reason. I just don't think it's important to ME because GAG is not exactly a big part of my life.

• I think there should be a "the world is unfair to me or people with my same age/gender/race" category for people to vent their questions and I will simply have that category blocked ;)

• That's actually a really good idea. Like a ranting or venting topic would be great.

• I voted C), mostly because there are just some things that you can't really sugarcoat if you want to get the point across and want to get long-term positive results. However, that doesn't mean we should directly disrespect people and resort to name-calling and petty insults.

As for safety, I think our biggest concern is the random creeps who randomly message females even though they obviously weren't interested in starting a convo with random weird people who ask them about whether they've tried double penetration. But it's difficult to moderate this element of the site.

• We don't possess this magnitude of power to shape the community into whatever we want it to be. we should be proud of ourself if we shine up one single person's life.
    Unless there's a shotgun pointing at our head when the time we can't help thinking something malicious, even there's a law and still people breaking it.
    and there's rarely a rule in cyber world. you expect people to follow a specific rule based on their morality , i wouldn't call it risking.

• I don't think a community with a basis and format such as this should ever be muzzled.
    however, I think there should be a verification option that without doing, stops you sending or receiving messages (cut down on creepers and help protect young users)

• I will say whatever I want, if you don't like it down vote me. I'm not here to please people but to express my opinion.

• I think it is an ideal rather than an attainable reality for you will always have people on here whose only desire is to upset others

• I get the idea and the want by gag to build a community in that manner. Personally idc though.

• I don't know anyone on here. I'm okay with this.

• Lol no important is a word i only use for girls and puppys

• So, if a man posts things about how he wants to have violent sex with you on a selfie you posted, that's okay with you?

• Sure! As long as humor is allowed!

• not really.

What Girls Said 10

• Hmm... let's see. I guess some discussions are pretty good, and I really wouldn't want someone to feel limited in what they want to say. However, some things I know that were said to me could have been handled a bit differently which is why I voted C/Unsure/Somewhere in the middle because although we may disagree, there really isn't any need to start violent insults or wishing terrible things on people.

Here were some of my personal GaG favourites directed at me:

"Go tell your dad to wash his dick because your breath stinks."
    "Get you're 80 year old Betty Crocker ass off my post you no help mo'fucker."
    "Your mom should have had an abortion when she was pregnant with you."
    "If the human race becomes extinct and you're the first to go I'm happy with that."
    "You married a schmuck."
    "I hope you get cancer and die a horrific death."
    "Go get raped and get pregnant."
    "If I become anything like you at 40 I'll stab myself in the face."

• Good lord! Wth? People are a**holes.

• Please feel *more* than free to link me or any of the other mods to ANY of those comments and we'll do our best to help out. No one should have to hear nonsense like that on or off this website.

• Oh I know, I had already reported them. They've long since since been removed, or the person had disappeared entirely from the site and their comments along with them somehow (not sure if that's part of terminating someone's profile, done by admins).

• I'd rather everyone be honest. I don't like when people hide behind masks and smile in your face when they're thinking bad thoughts.

Tell me what you think, I'll do the same, and we go about our way.

There will always be people who will make others feel "safe" and "loved". But then again, those people, if they need that, need to go to a real support group and get off the Internet---there are all types of people on here and not all of them are going to give the safe/love vibe.

I just think GAG has more sensitive people than not though.

• safety is a must. i once had a member on here, that i never talked to, actually find out where I went to school and he even found me on facebook... it was not the best situation :/

but i have my little clique, so I've got a positive community when i need one :)

• i voted A! yes a positive community is more important to me than freedom of speech

• Option A sounds like something you're brainwashed with during college orientation

Many people go online because they have stuff on their mind that they can't say to others, unless their minds be in a constant state of dissonance.

That said, people should be clear guidelines as to what constitutes bullying/harassment. I don't think posting controversial opinions falls within that ambit. It's more of tone.

• Its honestly just a website to me, lol.

• Of course it's not a top priority. But yes I do find the need and want to try to make this place better.

• I understand but i don't really care.

• Yes, I always try to bring a little sunshine to this site <3

• Yeah sure :)