Should GAG let us be able to edit questions/mytakes after submitting?

I know being able to edit it when ever probably wouldn't be the best idea. Though at least make it so even after submitting have only 1 chance to edit it. What do y'all think?

• OMG yes!
  • Naw it's fine as it is
  • Don't care
What if the editing you couldn't change the question title but you could edit the add details part. Then if you had a poll you couldn't change what you had already on there. Just be able to add to the poll.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can imagine it already:
    ''Yes or no, do you like pancakes?''
    Most people andwer yes
    Then OP changes the question to:
    ''Would you drink from the toilet?''

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like it's important to think about how our words affect others before we post them just like we have to think before we speak in real life.

It also concerns me from a moderating stand point. Like ugh can you imagine what a disaster THAT would turn into? I'd have to screenshot *everything* I flagged T-T

What Guys Said 15

• Nope. Because then people would see what is being said and change their post and claim others just did not understand them. Do you have the chance to edit what you write to letters to the editor? You write something, look it over carefully (now is the time to edit), and then post it.

If you later find you made a mistake, add a comment like anybody else can.

When you click on "Send it!" be prepared to own it.

• definetely!!! after all everybody makes mistakes... so don't we deserve to edit posts? :D

also some other nice additions would be

-be able to disable new opinions/comments from our questions
    -have da ability to click/unclick "don't allow anon posts"
    -select MHO ONLY after 24 hrs have passed
    -set a selected amount of characters/opinion before postin (u suggested this as well :D )

wot about it?

• the trolls would love that

• Well there's nothing I regret saying here so I wouldn't really care. The only reason I would wanna edit stuff is if I make typos.

• No cause then people will change the question if they know they've screwed up. Like if they don't get the opinions they expected they would just change everything.
    I think it's good as it is.

• @AleDeEurope what if they only made it so you could edit the Add Details part and can only add more to a poll but not change what is already on it?

• That would be good. Being able to change all the question wouldn't be good.

• Maybe for five minutes

• Honestly I don't care lol

• Yes definitely! It's really annoying how you can't edit or delete opinions. And bigger avatars.

• Yeah I would absolutely love it if they would let me edit questions/mytakes, I have been asking for the same thing on top of weather or not a user is online or offline in the message section on top of that they are typing in messages.

• I think you should be able to edit it only for 2 minutes after posting.

• Yep people who are not anonymous should be able to moderate their own accounts that i do agree.

• Too many users would abuse it. Do you drink water, edit Do you drink dog urin.

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• It is weird it isn't possible yet

• It gives you a chance to go and fix broken links or fix autocorrect words (something I often miss)

What Girls Said 7

• For MyTakes, they should have a place where you can save the draft so you can look at it later before submitting. I say this, because for me at least, I notice more of my mistakes at least a few hours after I've written something.

• Users can save myTake drafts. If you're working on a myTake and look at the bottom of the page, there are 3 big orange buttons. The far left one says "Save Draft" and then to access it later, you simply hover over your username in the top right corner of the screen, and click on the "myTakes" tab. The saved draft will appear on the top and it will let you know that it is a draft that has not been submitted yet :)

• @xHoneyxBeex - Thanks. I never wrote a MyTake, so it's nice to know.

• Yes, 100% YES :D

• Yes, it's a good idea. But I guess it will never happen.

• Yeah they should

• I don't really have a preference. Sure it would be nice but that's kind of their thing you can't edit or delete once it's posted.. Not sure why that is but it just is. I think it's important just to Edit what you have before you post it. Fix anything you know needs to be fixed. I think if they allowed you to change what you've already written it will change the whole question/take and then the opinions you already have on it won't be valid anymore. Because people will do that.

• Mm... I don't really think so. I mean for questions you can just update it as for myTakes I don't know

• you should be able to delete your own question that is for sure.