Why are some people such assholes on here when responding to your opinion, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Cause sometimes they feel like the questions are so stupid or ignorant.

• I think this is true, some people (I've done this a few times) have particular topics that make them nuts and they get dumb about it.

What Guys Said 9

• let's see if i get you right; people telling the hard truth are assholes? Sorry, but life doesn't work like that.
    The world isn't nice, people aren't always nice, and the truth is sure as hell not always nice either! That you have to accept. Now, do you want the nice and PC answer, or do you want the non-nice but completely honest and acurate answer?
    If you ask a question to me, i will give you the completely honest and acurate answer, because that's the answer i'd want myself. Sometimes that answer isn't nice. But it's the RIGHT answer, and ultimately that's the answer you need, even if it isn't the answer you want.

So MAYBE, just maybe some of these "assholes" are just people who give the cold har truth you need and who say the non-nice things you need to hear? Just saying.

• I get that the blunt truth can be hard, but I prefer that and don't mind it. Its good to hear something thats right when you don't want to hear it sometimes. I'm talking about when I submit an opinion on something or a question and for no reason there's alway that one person that calls you a "selfish, lying bitch that has no life experience" and says nothing helpful.

• what if you are a selfish lying bitch with no life experience
      I've met some people who would fall under that label...

Seriously though, yea that's over the top. And that's just being a dick. Being a dick can't be cured, so it's better to just ignore them...

• I agree totally even if you didagree be polite and constructive

• For sure, I think being polite and constructive is super important, even if your telling someone advice that may be hard for them to hear, don't say it in a bitchy, non-helpful way.

• well it depends on context, some people think that the only way to be helpful to some topics is to be mean, others are just asshooles that like to put others and put them down for multiple reasons like u not meeting there standards or not agreeing with their opinions

• Attention-seeking. Or genuine frustration with dumb questions.

• It's hard to contain ourselves.
    Wait I'm not one of those guys right?//

• Because they full of crap, And mean people are everywhere

• I think some people just do it for fun or to get a reaction.

• you have the option to ask a question, they have the option to answer the question how they wish. It's simple, don't ask questions if you can't take someone elses opinion. Nice or not, it's all about how you take it. either ignore it or complain about it and become the exact person you are complaining about.

• I always say nice things. But, they get taken the wrong way, or, the person I'm commenting on, doesn't want to be commented on at all. (assholes)

• Same here, I like to give my own opinion on things as well as the best advice I can think of but some people never have anything nice to say...

What Girls Said 3

• Well did you leave a nice opinon?

• Yes, I always do. But some of the responses back I get, usually not from the asker, is like random shit like "your such a bitch, you know nothing" and I see it on other people's comments too who haven't said anything wrong or mean. I guess there's a troll on every post lol

• Oh I thought you were refering to the QA because I was going to say that sometimes they can't handle the truth and only look for opinions that they agree with.

But I know what you mean.

• Because.

Filler

• I know right especially when you're stating your opinion and some random person responds to it in a rude way I'm like: I can say what I want because this is what GaG is for.