Is GAG too sensitive?

Can we really ask what we want or do we have to water it down because the general public can't handle the truth?

Most Helpful Girl

• That is a good question... Can we ask what we want.

Well I would see why not considering you're the question asker if anything the real question should be "Can we leave our true opinion?" without the QA not taking our advice, finding it offensive, or getting reported.

Last time I checked GirlAskGuys was an Advice Column/Site and your question/what you're referring to are the questions that has absolutely nothing to do with that they're the questions that would fall under the other category and no offense but are less important.

Sure you can ask whatever you want but obviously you already have your answer. You have to water it down you're lucky those kind of questions are even acceptable when they're pretty off topic and doesn't solve a purpose in the first place.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea, the admins are close minded, short tempered 12 year olds. Even if a controversial tread results in an argument, the worst possible outcome that I can see is people blocking each other online. We have no right to free speech if you have 100% control over what stays and what goes.

What Girls Said 11

• Water it down please. I like water, it makes me feel safe. Unlike the truth. I shudder just thinking about it.
    As a general publickian I need to feel comfortable and at ease at all times.

So please think before you post.
    Thank you!

• Yes, sometimes GAG users are too sensitive. However other times, people are simply insensitive and lack effective communication skills. Some people have no clue how to deliver the truth with tact, consideration, and courtesy for someone's emotional state and the position they're in. It's not necessarily about "watering it down" but about not presenting yourself as one insensitive dumb fuq of an idiot. :)

• preach, gurrrlfranddd

• I usually tell what I think. It depends how you represent and express yourself. There are many ways to tell the truth. Some ways are nice, some are not.

but for how do I look question I soften it because i do not want to downgrade people's self esteem

• I don't say 62% of what I'm thinking here!

• You can ask whatever you want as long as it follows the rules. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

• Some topics are naturally heated, like religion or politics. In those cases, people often perceive a blunt but well-thought out argument as a personal attack on them, since the topic itself goes towards a person's core values. They can't tell the difference between substance and a personal attack on them.

So yeah, be blunt. Just be warned you'll get a lot of hate from people perceiving it the wrong way.

• People already ask what they want. If its not against the guidelines or the admins are slack, it'll stay up.

there's a difference between being a bully and having an honest opinion by the way.

• I did not know that. thank you for that.

• It is too sensitive. I think some things are not necessary to say in some questions, but people get overly sensitive about a lot of stuff. It's all about how you phrase what you say.

• There are some subjects that should be avoided (racism, religion, politics, homosexuality...).
    Those topics always cause arguments.
    But, in general I think you should be careful with what you say.

• Yes since a certain amount of people can't handle the truth or being told they are wrong. Plus then you also have people that are extremely nit picky on how you asked a question and make more out of it.

• I think some people are overly sensitive, but who really cares. Ask whatever you want.

What Guys Said 11

• That sounds a lot like you want to say anything you like without anyone saying anything they like (and that you don't) in response

• You can be honest without being brutal. So yeah, people can handle the truth, but it doesn't cost us anything to give it to them pleasantly, right?

• I think you are entitled to come on the site for enjoyment and relaxation not hassle especially if you are not getting invovled im the heated debate.

• Be as blunt as possible just be warned that a politically correct phrased question will get you better results and less hate.

• Yes. I m with u

• On some topics yeah they are to sensitive.

• Yup pretty much... Racism, homophobia and hatred have zero tolerance here.

• If it weren't so sensitive I wouldn't be able to be a prick.

• people these days are too sensitive, every little thing offends them

• Too many sissy liberals here get mad when you don't have the same mindset as they do.

• Yes. People here constantly lie to spare others feelings.