Why are non anonymous Q. A's allowed to block anonymous answerer comments now?

If a person asks something non anonymously, and a person answers it anonymously, then the Q. A. goes to comment something in which she then blocks that answerer from commenting. I thought it was only Anonymous Q. A.'s who could do that, did it change?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• That has been like that for a long time, actually. It is to block anons from harassing if that is what they do.

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe it's the universe's way of saying ~don't do that. it makes you look like a jeeeeerk~

I don't know honestly. I don't really post anonymously. Do you want to try it here?

• I always post anonymous answers but I post non anonymously on my questions, I don't mind

• Yes it's been that way for a while.

• Both have always been able to do it.

• Because some anons harass people

What Guys Said 2

• I thought you could always do that

• No, but it's because anonymous answers tend to be very stupid and immature, and doesn't answer the question whatsoever.

So we block them to not have to deal with the stupid stuff and hopefully get answers straight to the point.