Is the MHO feature automatic or something?

So I was looking back at some of my old questions and looked at the MHO selected for some of them. And then I was like wtf? I didn't select that as the MHO. What's going on with this site? How did this happen?

Well it pays to read the fine print as they say. I didn't know it would be automatically selected if you don't choose one. Thanks everyone for the answers.

Most Helpful Guy

• The FAQ is full of information.
    It is written in the http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#179 that :-
    "A Most Helpful Opinion (MHO) is an Opinion the Question Asker voted as Most Helpful to them.
    The MHO appears on top of all other Opinions in the Question, with a gold star letting everyone know it's Most Helpful.
    The Question Asker earns 2 Xper points for selecting a MHO.
    The Opinion Owner awarded Most Helpful earns 5 Xper points.
    To be able to select MHO for your question there needs to be at least 3 Opinions posted or 24 hours passed after you asked the question.
    If the Question Asker does not select a MHO within 30 days, our system will automatically choose one for the Question based on several different criteria. The Question Asker and the Opinion Owner do not earn Xper points for these auto-selections and the Opinion Owner is not notified."

So, it means that you didn't select a MHO for over a month. Better be pre-planned and punctual in future.
    Good luck :)

What Girls Said 4

• If you don't choose an MHO in the right amount of time, then the site chooses one for you, based on things like how many upvotes the opinion receives.

• Hmmm. . . Well that's shady as hell.

• If you didn't choose an MHO within 30 days after asking the questions, then yes, an MHO will be automatically selected for you and both you and the opinion owner won't receive any xper points for it.

• If you leave it for so long it gets picked for you and you don't get the xper for it

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I think you do have some time to select MHO by yourself, I am not sure how many days, the time limit is set by the system and if you don't select any MHO during that time limit, the system will select a MHO automatically.

• There is a lot of automatic MHOs out there - They more active you are that day you pick up the auto MHOs that night - On an uber active day I could pick up 20 auto MHOs.