How can I learn to ignore people on this website and not get pissed off?

I'm going to be honest. When people talk shit to me on here, I get pissed off. I'm not too sure why, I think it's probably beause I'm a prideful person, or maybe it's because the person is honestly, 9/10, genuinely wrong about me and there's absolutely no way to convince them otherwise.

Either way, how can I learn to ignore idiots on this website?

Most Helpful Girl

• Block them and move on, they may get obsessive and make another new account just to send you hate but then you can just be thankful that you actually have a life unlike them! Honestly this website is absolute shit most of the time but I like it for little breaks between studying, just try not to spend too much time on here and find a better nicer site to spend more time on. People on tumblr are super nice 80% of the time, people on youtube comments are worse than here, Experience project seems a bit better than here, people on whisper are angry little trolls... but there is always a better website to spend time on!

What Girls Said 8

• You can't... I usually get pissed, then they block me and we move on

• One elects to be here and one can always walk away.

• I have the same problem quite often. People on this site are just itching to start fights about the littlest things, so I guess keep that in mind. If you get hate for just posting your opinion, which is the purpose of this site, just remind them of that fact and leave. If they follow you to private messages like some people have done to me, just report and block. You're so much better than all of that petty bullshit, don't feed the trolls!

• Just tell yourself that it's the internet & these people dont know you. People feel bold over the internet so their comments come off as insensitive, cold, judgmental etc. It shouldn't matter what random, annonymous people think of you. How u feel about yourself is what actually matters. Its your choice if u want to argue back with
    them or say eh fuck them & their opinions
    Im not wasting a second of my time. OR if it
    gets too crazy just delete ur account or take
    a break from it. Once again, dont let them get to u. brush them off like their lint or something. lol

• You have to realise some users are on GaG for the sole intention of bringing people down. I never allow myself to be defined by someone elses opinions of me , because they are judging me based on their ignorane. How people treat you is a direct reflection of how they feel about themselves. Some people hurt others in order to heal themselves.

Some people deserve your silence , so ignore them. It takes away their control. Don't allow yourself to be vulnerable to what others say to you or about you. If you do then your self- worth will be gained by peoples negative opinions.

Why argue about who you are as a person to strangers on a website. They get a kick out of getting a reaction from you

• Lemme know when u find out

• dont convince them lol who cares
    the average IQ on GAG is not that high really xD haha
    i hoenstly hate it im jjust here to kill time

if you can leave the site for good it would be sooooooo much better for you i promise, I've been there I don't know what im doing back on it :( but i hate myself for going back

• you just need to know that what the say doesn't really matter at the end of the day. UNLESS everyone is telling you the same thing. then maybe you just dont like the truth. and if thats the case. just ignore them and do you and be happy with your life :)

• Well, I think ignoring the truth is bad. Closing your mind off to it only hinders you growth. Even if it DOES sting, you should always listen to the truth.

This is different though, these are just random trolls who come in and talk shit.

• i agree about the truth thing. trolls are just out to piss people off. if u let them piss u off then they'll just keep coming back for more. just block them and know they are just lames with no life so they come here to have something to do. dont let them bring you down or ruin ur day! they suck!

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, I can understand such people are there everywhere.

If you are talking about the forum, you can't really stop them from saying what they want or thinking what they want to think but once you know that you can't explain to them or convince them as soon as possible block them at least it works on private messaging and once they are blocked they are automatically ignored by you.

That's one to ignore them. If such people say something that hurt you or purposely want to judge you just learn to ignore their sentences and their nature, don't give them any importance and don't tolerate their behaviour immediately block them if it beyond the limit you can tolerate

• It is like this why waste time over them if I can ignore them without acknowledging their existence all the better.

• just block them fam... i pissed off a lot of people here with my trade marker word... you get me fam?

• Just don't read them.

• Use the big "off" button on your computer or your phone!!

• I just accept the fact that Jesus will deal with them eventually and stop worrying about them. And block them.

• I go by this saying " if a mule kicks you would you kick it back" just ignore the fools

• Where ignorance is bliss its folly to be wise

• Stop spending too much time on GaG lol and people won't notice you.

• I don't ever recall thinking life would be fair. I was about twelve when I realized the idea of fairness had no objective meaning and so the sentence "Why isn't life fair?" means the same as "Why isn't life the way I want it to be?"

• Just look at it like it's a game... don't take these fuckers seriously. GAG is just something to do...