We should be able to DELETE OUR OWN QUESTIONS?

Who thinks that too?

• WHEN WILL THEY EVENTUALLY DO THAT?
  • HELL YEAH
  • Just no.
  • Other (comment)
For those who still don't understand: I don't want to disonnect, we are talking about deleting them.
Not DISAVOW. I heard that already, we want a delete or edit-button.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• I literally answered the same question
    only an hour ago, and gonna tell you the same thing. ^.^

You sort of am able to, already.

If you go to your profiles "Question" section
    you can see a black coloured broken chain icon
    to the right of the question, it's called Disavow.

It make you anonymous in the question
    and you won't receive any further notices about it.

The reason that you can't delete questions yourself
    from my point of view at least, is to prevent trolls from posting
    cruel/rude posts, and then deny it after deleting them.

Also, even if you want to remove a question
    you don't like anymore, some people may find whatever's
    in there, to be usefull. ^.^

• Our FaQ about posts, even tell you
      to double check your comments/posts
      so as to not get "post-regret". ^.~

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

• So, this doesn't reaply help. My point is, to delete it from where people can find it this easily again.

• In that case, you can remove it from whatever source
      you used to post it from, that should also remove it from here.

As long as you posted it directly from a picture site
      such as tinypic or other and not your pc/laptop.

• I think this could be a nice and useful feature if you want to question to disappear for good.

• Look it up: you can disconnect from them

• I think it should be there, at least for a time limit say 12 or 24 hrs and then the "delete" feature should disappear.

• Yes, we need this, why aren't they coming up with this?

• You can disavow it.

• questions should be deleted at our discretion, and shouldn´t be posted, let´s say, more than a month.

What Girls Said 12

• You can. But it won't allow you to do it until it's 24 hours. The part where you can view all of your questions. There is a icon that looks like a linked chain. You click on that and select yes.

• We are talking here about deleting the question from the site, not make it anonymos/unfollow it. This chain is not very helpful in it, either

• They won't do it. The point of this site is to make questions, not make them and remove them. Just goes against what the site does. You have the ability to disavow it nothing else. That's the closest you can get to deleting a question.

• It's a good idea. I doubt we'll get it. It would give us too much control over the content we could create.

• I believe, G@G should listen to our opinions, though. Mostly, if there is a huge amount of people asking for something. It would help us a lot, as an exmpl. When we wrote something wrong or accidentally landed on the wrong button, though the question/take wasn't done yet.

• I'd like to be able to edit opinions, but that will never happen.

• It would be nice but trolls could post questions which offend, then delete it before a mod/admin can see it, meaning it would take longer for a troll to be removed from the website.

All you can do is disavow, which basically removes it from your profile and any connection with you, you go anonymous but it stays on the website.

You can contact an admin and request a question to be removed.

• Yes! Or an opinion. That would be great! Or a search button on our questions and opinions so we can find them easy.

• Can you imagine how much worse the trolling would get, if we could delete and edit our questions?

• Fuck yeah! I get high and say some weird stuff and sometimes its scary specific to my life. Don't want that shit out there

• No, you ask it it's out there. It would play absolute havoc with the xper system. Removing MHO's and comments would require people's xper to be reduced accordingly. Far too much work and retrospective changes would be very hard to trace and implement.

Nope. Bad idea. Just disavow and forget about it.

• No it wouldn't lol.

Do you think this site calculates xper on the fly by counting every question, comment and take every time you load a page? That would require storing every question ever asked on this site.

Xper is a stored value in your account profile. Any time you perform a qualifying action that number gets incremented accordingly. Deleting entries wouldn't affect xper unless they deliberately wanted it to.

• But no, I do not think the xper is calculated like that. Thanks for the explanation but I know how it works.

• Why shouldn't you keep the xper? 99% of the things that get asked on here are as good as deleted within 6 hours anyway thanks to the design of the site. Xper is a reward for asking a question. It gets applied even if nobody answers you. Deleting a question would have no negative impact and would just clean up the site.

• it's so embarrassing when i write the wrong thing and can't go back on it OMFG

• I feel you. That is my problem too; here and there. Makes me rage haha

• I really want a edit button.

• you can put them off your profile.

• in my opinion it would only make the trolling worse.

• AND OPINIONS! IT'S ABOUT TIME!