What is a catfish?

Some girl told me to die because I am a "catfish" I'm pretty sure it means fake or something along those lines but not quite sure I see it thrown rouns on here a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• A catfish is when someone uses a fake identity online to catch someone cheating usually. For example, if a wife thinks her husband is trying to cheat on her using a dating site, she would make a fake profile and catfish him to prove it. There's an MTV show about it.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah they lie about who they are for personal gain and to hurt people

• people like that should just pick up gaming or something more pleasant to pass their time haha

• If they want to lie they could just try to become a lawyer or politician

• hahahahaha absolutely

• 0|0
  • The urban distionary defines a Catfish
    A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances.

• She must think your picture is fake.

• Ya, lots of people on here, don't like you, and think you're fake

• yeah I know lots of people on here hate me because I call them out on their bullshit and they throw a tantrum, not my fault!

• a catfish when u use YOUR OWN PIC.. but the other thinks you used your moms picture

What Girls Said 9

• A catfish is a person who pretends to be another person by using his/her pictures on internet.
    I hope this helped. ^-^

• Either you're using a fake picture and trying to be someone else.
    ORRRR
    you look way different (in a bad way) in pictures than you do in real life
    /:

• so if someone used a picture of themselves at a younger age or at a healthier weight than they current;y are even if it's a picture of themselves still it's catfishing?

• Yea i guess so.
      Looking different, skinnier/fatter is considered cat fishing in my city/:

• Users with Hot girl pics are always the most suspected as catfishes

• Someone who is using someone else's picture. Whether it be off a website or the Internet. She probably thinks you have used someone else's picture. Pretending to be someone your not, which yes can be applied to being fake.

• oh that seems like too much work for what benefit? Just because you are bored you steal someone's picture and pretend to be them? that's really strange.

• ew that's slimy!

• Agreed. It's very dodgy

• a catfish is a person who uses fake pics and pretend to be someone else... its pretty common

• Someone that looks gorgeous in their pictures but ugly in person :/

• Liar, double life, fake, two-faced...

That's what it means from my understanding..

• Basically taking pictures and pretending to be someone else.

It seems to be common here.

• Catfish means that you make yourself seem better and look better online than you do in real life