Does a report on a question/answer that is against the rules count if they are deleted, during the reporting stage, by moderators?

I flagged up a question as offensive and as it went through, the question had already been deleted by a moderator. The question is, does this still count as being a genuine report on my part, or is it ignored. I ask this, as to be invited to be a moderator, you have to clock up a certain correct level of reporting (amongst other things). I think this needs a reply from a moderator or admin, as pure supposition is pointless.

Most Helpful Girl

• If a post was removed while you were in the process of reporting it, then no, the report wouldn't have gone through to be recorded.

• Rather pointless in reporting, in that case. It seems like another mad scramble to be first to get the recognition, much as there is to earn the extra point for being the first to give a two word, one line opinion. I believe there should be a whole lot more written in the Help pages, especially in regard to earning credit towards qualifying for an invite to be a moderator. I can see me putting in a lot of effort, but never knowing if I stand any chance of an invite.

• It's not pointless at all. A lot of posts gets reported that have not been hidden by moderators. If a user reports a post and a moderator hides it after they report it, that still counts towards that users' report success ratio.

• I agree that inappropriate content should be removed, but unless there's some sort of quantitative feedback like there is with Xper points and MHO, there is little incentive to report something marginal, in case it is considered to be OK, by admin, and reinstated. It just gets one branded a stirrer! In many ways, I consider there isn't enough importantance placed on moderation. It appears to be a byproduct of the whole forum, whereas Xper and MHO are pushed right from someone's first day.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not sure, us moderators can't actually remove posts, that's the admin's decision. We can only 'hide' them. So all reports made against the question probably count until it is permanently removed from the site.

• Is it possible to know whether it's hidden or has already been removed. This may be something missing from GAG. There seems to be quite a bit of information missing from the Help screens as there is no categoric statement of what happens. It's rather pointess reporting a problem if there is no recognition awarded.

• If you go to report something and it says it's been removed by a moderator, then it's only been hidden and could be subject to be put back up on
      the site. If it says it's been removed by an admin then it has been removed permanently. But definitely keep reporting inappropriate content (especially for the correct reasons) and you'll eventually be recognised.

• i think it doesn't count if its already off the site.

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't worry about report ratios and successes just report stuff that is off - I was a mod and overthought the whole thing it took away from the expierence of being a mod and an user - I ended up resigning as a mod.

• Probably not lol