Do you always respond to @mentions on GaG?

If not, why not? Just curious to know 💛💙

Most Helpful Guy

• I pretty much respond if someone mentions me on anything. It doesn't happen much, but I shall rise to occasion if it does. Often times, it is just a "thanks" on a "Who's a GAG friend" question, but if it is someone tagging me to get into a debate, I'll respond.

The only time I don't respond is when they are just mentioning me as an example but not wanting really an opinion of mine. I don't want to interrupt someone's conversation so I just leave it alone.

What Guys Said 15

• I do as long as it is warrented. Obviously if its just a some one saying they agree then it doesn't warrent a response and sometime people don't want to let things go and just start repeating the same arguments so after responding to it twenty or more times I will just stop nothing new can be said. Oherwise yeah I usually respond back, it would be rude not too.

• Not, necessarily. I respond under two situations, one is if I think I should explain my point to that person or if the person has asked my some question then I do respond otherwise I don't always respond to someone who @mentions me.

• yes... i find it kinda rude to not respond.. as i find it kinda rude to not say "thanks" when someone gives me MHO :p

but i won't respond if it's a weird/pervy or offensive mention :(

• I agree! I always say thanks too. 👍. I would feel guilty not responding

• Yes, I do whether it's for something positive or negative.
    If they went out of their way to mention me the least I can do is respond.

• I respond to everything, it's just the polite thing to do, and if it turns out to be something weird well I'll deal with it once I see it.

• Yes pretty much always. I can't think of a time I have not.

• I usually do, but sometimes I see my phone while I'm working and I just forget. I do appreciate it, though. :)

• I try to as much as possible

• Sometimes if I know them well but people hardly do it so I am fine:)

• Always. Actually, whenever I get a notification. It just gets me so excited!

• Not always. Some are just not worthy of my time

• Of course, it would be rude not too

• Yeah, every time. I haven't been active much lately so it's been a while.

• yes normally I do, it'll be rude otherwise

• nobody will never mention me on other question so i dont have problems with that

What Girls Said 17

• depends. sometimes i get mentioned for the most ridiculous, rude, or creepy things. other times u kind of dont really need to. like when someone says 'ok' in a conversation, u kind of don't respond, u know? similar idea.

most of the time it's fine though and i do respond.

• Usually but not always. If I keep getting notifications from the same person about the same thing when I've already made myself clear, I'm not talking to them anymore.

• I always do.

It's an honor to be mentioned especially when I had nothing to do with a question or mytake and someone brings my name up.

• I'll always like the comment and comment there or privately. It's the least I can do to thank a person for thinking of me.

• Most of the time, yes.

• I usually respond to all mentions, unless the conversation kinds of like ends already like when a person says "cool" "ok" I don't reply. But I don't respond to creepy rude perverted message lol

• Yes, I always do (unless it's creepy preveted stalkers, lol). It's rude not to respond when someone mentions you.

• "(unless it's creepy preveted stalkers, lol)"

by the way, did that creepy guy ever stop tagging you on those odd butt grabbing pics?

• Geez, that's awful. Ignoring it is probably the best strategy tho, since I'm guessing he just wants your reaction on everything.
      Hopefully this hardcore internet stalker leaves you alone so you can go on GAG in peace. It'd be great if they ban his IP, if they even can :/

• @DangerDoge I hope so, too. Thank you!

• Yes, I do. It's nice to know someone was thinking of me in response to something. I'd feel rude if I didn't respond.

• Yes. I feel guilty if I don't respond. The only time I don't respond is if I think there's no reason for that.

• yes i always do

• Usually, but not always.

• What are the reasons why you don't?

• Sometimes I get mentioned in weird stuff, so I just "forget" to respond LOL

• yes.. i always do..

• Usually, not always

• I do most of the time.

• I don't always do. But if it's a friend on here who I regularly talk to it's like "oh Hi man!"

• Not always

• sometimes I do