Why GAG updated notifications to make it so slow? Is it just a semblance of loading or the site actually became slow?

Whenever I try to open notifications, I need to wait for 2-7 seconds in the drop down menu unless that orange circle of loading goes away.

Personally, I think GAG made a pretence of loading because it doesn't seem reasonable. I think it's just a fancy update.

Do you guys are also having this issue? What's your opinion?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Live notifications!!! I got it... :)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• And its slower, even on 100 mbps speed Internet.

And the second issue is, the website takes approximately 200 mb ram on Android phones. Its too heavy for phones and drains battery too quick.

@mesonfield
    Check ram usage on mobile :p.

• Actually, they should have an Android app that uses RecyclerView instead of this HTML nonsense

• @mesonfielde
      Yes, you should recommend the upper authorities these things. They seriously need it.

What Girls Said 6

• an unnecessary update on gag? NONSENSE!

• I haven't had that issue at all. The notifications load right away for me and so do all the pages. It could be your Internet connection or maybe the servers are just overloaded every time you click on the menu.

• You have extremely fast connection then because it is taking at least one second for others.
      I never had such issue. But the site updated yesterday and made that change.

• It's not as fast as I would like considering how much I'm paying for it. I'm thinking of breaking the contract and moving to another ISP.

As for this site though, it's pretty fast except when they roll out a new upgrade.

• It's usually like a 1 second for me, not 2-7, but yeah, it is unnecessary.

• That's because our internet connection is better than what they have in the US, methinks. For me it's also 1 or less than a second.

• Yeah it takes 2 seconds for me on mobile (having faster connection) but I need to mention the ~4-5 seconds (I lied about 7) on slower connection too because I really want devs to revert the change.

• It is totally unnecessary in my opinion. But it only takes me about a second to get it load.

• Haven't noticed it being any slower the usual. lol hahahaha

• Yes! And not just the notifications! I noticed the entire site has been lagging. Thought it was just me

What Guys Said 8

• I'm unsure about this cause mine's working perfectly fine as before. I use a laptop and not the app :)

• It is slower today alright - I updated my chrome yesterday and thought it was that but it is not 2 to 7 seconds only about 1.

• It's not just you. The site does seem to be a bit slower on all browsers, on all OSes. Probably because of all the memes and photo banners the site uses now. More data is being transferred back and forth than in the part.

• Its not actually slower. Its the same loading time. Before the update, there was a delay when you clicked on the notifications button. Now there is no delay, and instead there is an animated loading.

• Useless waste of bandwidth

• Same happens to me. About three seconds

• Another fancy dictation by GAG :/
    Its worsening day by day

• But we can now check the new notifications without refreshing the page. :/ It is sooooo sssllllloooowww by the way :(

• I just think it's their servers sometimes, they be all like..

farm3.staticflickr.com/.../...55690_f10e674080.jpg