Does the GAG community not like the How Do I Look option, if so why?

• I don't like this feature on the GAG website
  • I like it being here

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 16

• Most of the people look cute, and they pretty much know it. That's why it's so boring and predictable. Ever see any "real" people put themselves out there? No. It's usually a thin girl complaining she feels bloated that day, posts a picture of herself in her pajama pants and bra standing in a full length mirror in her messy bedroom.

Please. Just once, I want to see like, a selfie from a conjoined twin or something so that we can at least wonder which of the two we're supposed to see a flaw from just to make things interesting with that topic.

• I think its fine. This is an online forum where you can ask whatever you want, so why shouldn't people ask if they want to? If people don't want to answer, they can keep scrolling and not answer haha.

I sometimes click on them to answer... I have to be feeling it that day lol. Often, the person is just posting because they're bored... or they might be fishing for compliments. I don't think all do it for those reasons though. I do think some people who ask honestly are just curious to see what people say... you would think you would get more honest/unbiased opinions from strangers online than from your friends/family haha. Plus, the GAG community is made up of a wide variety of people with different thoughts on what is "beautiful", so that can be interesting to get into. I think ultimately, other GAG users get annoyed with these type questions because the person who asks usually is focused too much on how they look... their appearance holds too much importance and they can't step back and enjoy the greater picture of who they are as a person and what they have to offer to the world beyond their appearance.

wow, i rambled a lot haha. and I don't know why you'd think i'm famous... but thanks :) haha

• Tbh, I rarely answer it.
    Cause I'm sick of it. Most guys and girls who pics aren't really insecure. Most girls post their pics in a revealing clothes, gives a sexy pose- they know they look good but they still pretend like they're insecure.
    "Am I really ugly?"
    "Do I look fat?" (These questions are asked by super skinny girls)
    "Does my boobies look ok?"
    "Does my butt looks okay? Or is it really bad?"
    "Do you like my hair?" (P. S The girls actually pose in such a way, so that the first thing people notice are their butt. They have nice butt, they know it. They are fishing for compliments)

Some really good looking guys have a smirk on their face, they post their shirtless pics and they wear pants so low... that it's very embarassing to look. They know they're good looking, they're very confident but still they fish for compliments.

- Second most annoying guys are those who are obsessed with their selfies. They post 3 new selfies EVERYDAY and ask people how do I look? They're very insecure. Even if people tell them they're good looking, they won't believe it. Even if they bought somenew hats, they will wear those and ask how do I look? Which selfie is best?

- Third most annoying people are girls who post their pics anonymously and ask how does this girl look? Do you think her clothes look slutty?"
    They'll downvote anyone who says yes, her clothes are too short.

-Fourth most annoying people are "Guess, what's my ethnicity?"
    These are mostly asked by girls. They would ask these question over and over again.

• by the way, thanks for the mention. That meme made me lol xD

• O no! Too scary!!! :O

• @Epiman92 That's why I prefer to be around my closest guy friends nowadays. So, no creep would dare to approach me, lmho.
      Creeps approach only when a girl is sitting all alone

• Thank you so much for the Mention, @OrdinaryGentleman, and the fact that you would like my helpful opinion.
    I Feel it is Most Flattering but it can get Monotonous at times with some of the same 'Rate Me' Questions at hand. I also Feel as well that What comes around Goes around because with people saying my name, maybe the same, I also try and Not forget them as well and if I do, I try and make it up to them with the Next "Rate me" Question when it comes to "Who do you think?"
    I Always Appreciate when someone Might Mention me, even it is in passing, Never Expecting it. xx

• I'm fine with it. I try not to be too brutal in my answers lol

• I don't check it.
    I don't find it as interesting.

• I like it.

I mean, I don't use it or anything but I feel like lots of people make use of it and enjoy the feature.

• It it a type of question with a set poll or simply people asking.

I don't have much of a problem with it, but I don't like seeing minors in their underwear. It's disturbing for several reasons.

• concerning those rate me questions i only answer to the ones who seems genuine but when it comes to the ones who are just fishing for compliments i won't even answer

• It is is not so bad if questions are from people who really need help or advice. But 90% that's not the case..

• I am pretty neutral when it comes to that feature. I don't like rating people with numbers. I find it degrading. However, I will give people my honest opinion if they are genuinely looking for it. Too many people abuse it and ask the same question with the same pictures numerous times and that gets rather tiring.

• I don't answer those questions I'm glad there is a topic for thirsty people so I can block topic :)

• Honestly I mostly ignore the how do I look questions.

• "Tag all the famous gagers"
    Really? -_-

• I like it. it's interesting to see pics of real people.

• I don't mind it so much, but most of the time the people know they are attractive. They just want compliments. People who truly feel ugly won't post their photo because they'll feel worried about more insults. I'm someone who has been getting called ugly most of my life. I've talked about it a few times on here, and other sites. Whenever people request a picture, I absolutely refuse to do it.

I've blocked her from my newsfeed now, but on Facebook there is this one girl I know who posts every week about how ugly she is. She'll put up pictures of her in some kind of pose, or all done up and nice looking. She'll write: "sorry to post my ugly pictures" and then she'll get several likes and a bunch of comments telling her she's beautiful.

Right before I stopped following her posts I wrote: "You know you're beautiful. You're just trying to get attention." She posted a pity post about how she knows she is so hideous and then I got attacked by people calling me an ugly bitch. So I was done with that type of thing.

I'm sure there are some people who do feel insecure about their looks, but for the most part I don't believe it. I think they are insecure about something, but it's not their looks. I think they lack something and so they are trying to get some kind of positive attention. They know they're attractive, so they know they'll get some kind of positive attention.

It also bothers me when it's a teen doing it when they're half naked. They should not be doing that when there are older people on this site.

What Guys Said 14

• I like it being here since I get to post these LOL i1127.photobucket.com/.../...a57e-33116f4d004f.jpg i1127.photobucket.com/.../...m_MjEwNzAwNzg5MDQ.jpg i1127.photobucket.com/.../...m_MjA0NDI5MjUyNDM.jpg (not used yet) LOL

But on some real shit, I like the section though since it gives me a chance to see how some of the users who use this site looks ^_^

• Well I have noticed that the majority of the ones I have come across are actually pics of other people, celebs or other users. So I don't actively seek those questions out.

• Lol at the meme... I wouldn't call myself a famous gager

• Thanks :D I appreciate that. I must work hard to keep up your opinion of me then :P

• Yeah and also not leave!

• Okay I have no problem with the How Do I Look topic - I think it may be the way I navigate the site by topics rather than feeds, I personally do not care for the sex questions or dating issues so I rarely look at those topics. The HDIL is a single issue topic as Klaatu said to separate it from the Other topic. My advice for those bored with these type of questions is to block the HDIL topic of your feeds. The important thing about GaG is that it is here for your entertainment so it is okay to block or skip questions that will annoy you.

• I just dont think people get honest opinions there.

• its an easy xper for me

I always say "chillin d00d" or something along the lines of that shit lol.

• Most people find it annoying, but i personally like this category a lot. In fact its my favorite category to answer questions in. I mean think about it. In every other category, the same questions are repeated over and over and over again.

But when someone asks about their own unique appearance, every question is different. Its the only reason I'm still on this site, because everything else seems to be constantly repeating.

• It's good that it's there... these questions have always been asked and now at least there's a separate category for them.
    I think the fact that so many of them get asked answers the question: the many many askers are also part of the GAG community and they want the option :D

• There's a reason it was created... in order to not spam "other" topic wid "how do i look?" questions

And if someone does't like "How do i look?" he/she can always block it i guess ;)

• I think it's fine.

• I like that section being here! There were so many questions being asked here about that, a section dedicated to those answers made sense.

Now we need the admins to add a "sexual appearance" section for all those penis questions to be categorized into! :-D

#GoodIdea

• No, I think that feature is okay.

• There used to be a section called reality check which was the same thing for the most part, it was not the most popular.

• Lol you forgot a few

And I really have no thoughts on the matter.

• I only dislike getting baited by the jailbaits.