How long does it take to become a Guru and Mod?

How long does it generally take for one to become a Mod and/or Guru?

I feel like I want to be one...

Most Helpful Girl

• I became a Guru in a little less than 3 months and a Mod in 3.5 months. But that's just me haha, I don't have a life. Takes a lot longer for some people, and it's never guaranteed that you'll ever become a Mod.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how often you post and as for mods. Generally just dont be an asshat and you can probably become one.

What Girls Said 6

• It took me a few years to get to Guru, but I don't spend that much time on here like others do.

• That depends. If you're an active user. You give many opinions everyday, share your take, ask questions. You'll get more xpers, some of the active users became a Guru within 3 months.

If you report offensive/ inappropriate questions/ opinions quite often, GAG will send you an email. Give you a chance to be a mod, I guess. Some level 6 users became mods, so yes, just keep reporting inappropriate stuff, lol

• A moderator is something different from a guru. Guru is an xper level. A moderator is chosen to monitor the site.

• A lifetime I tell you. A lifetime ! 😐😏

• It depends on how much time you put in on GAG. Myself it took two years to get guru status. I only made it that quick because I was of work for six months.

• It's not a time question..

What Guys Said 1

• lol that is determined by admins. and it has to do with your participation.