Should we be able to see who voted on our answers?

I have always wanted to know who upvotes and downvotes my answer. Kinda like how you can see who likes your FB posts, where it lists the persons names. I think that would be cool, what do you think?

• Yes, Im curious to see!
  • Meh, I can care less either way...

Most Helpful Guy

• Votes are anonymous because, while too many simultaneous upvotes could be misconstrued as creepy or clingy, too many or even a single downvote could offend the opinion holder and he/she could also block the downvoter over this.

So in that case, it'd not benefit enough than it would damage the system.

And over time, you'd stop observing the voted because you'd get bored of it as it's inefficacious approach.

Most Helpful Girl

• Up& down votes who really cares? Not I.

What Guys Said 12

• It has no overall effect. Plus people might want to show their approval or disapproval but just don't want to feel like they have to justify it.

Now give me your down votes!

• Yes, it would nice to see who does that i agree

• Nope , I think it would be way to argumentative

• That will bring more disharmony here

• there's a reason theyre submitted anonymously: so then someone doesn't get pissed at a downvote and report the user that downvoted them just for that reason.

It would seem unlikely but its better safe then sorry, plus there probably are a few out there that would do that.

• Not a good idea. If identities were revealed, people wouldn't upvote and downvote anymore!

• .3. Ooooo this will be interesting

• Meh what was the question?

• Nah I don't think so

• You didn't give a third option of no...

• Yes, but there should be an option to vote anonymously.

• both your poll options mean "yes"

What Girls Said 10

• I'm with you, @jamielovesku ! At first, I thought you were referring to polls - THAT would definitely deter answers and honesty. I dont see any harm in revealing upvotes, though, but I do believe down votes should stay anonymous for the reasons other users listed.

• no lol. i couldn't give a shit. also, if i up vote of down vote someone, who knows who will take it personal or let it get to their heads?
    better to keep it anon.

• I think if that was the case, no one would vote on anything. The fact that you can vote and not be seen gives a more honest vote out of the person. Also, they may not want to vote on certain user's questions at all, knowing that they could be called out on their vote. Best to just leave it.

• I'm curious too..

• Yeah hats actually a great idea

• yup it would be interesting to know who agree and disagree

• I would like it but i think it might cause more disadvantages than advantages 😐

• i don't care either way

• Yeah thats all we need is more butthurt gagers

• I don't mind.