Do you think this a good reason why I've considered deactivating my GAG account?

I've recently considered deactivating for two reasons. One because, I've gotten more busy with my work and school schedule. The other is because I am getting fed up with these stupid opposite gender hate rant/questions from both sides that hardly ever stop. Sure, men are more blatant about their rants but it's still stupid to single all male GAG users out for it when female GAG users have also the same.

The vast majority of these male and female GAG users tend to always go anonymous behind their anti-female/male rants which shouldn't surprise me. Don't get me wrong, I've met plenty of nice men and women here on GAG but still. All of the whiny ranters from both genders are starting to become much louder than all the friendly people. Bullshit like this are starting to give me a reason why I should reconsider leaving my account permanently activated.

what do you GAG users of both genders think?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a great reason.

But honestly,
    I've seen so much hate here on GAG.
    There are many (both genders) that jump the gun and make conclusions and accuse you of saying things you never did in the first place.
    I've gotten fed up too in all honesty.

There are times I've also gotten busy with my life schedule as well.

I usually fade away when this happens but I have never thought of deactivating.

I think what you need is a break... and then to come back.

I've noticed a lot of people that close their account tend to come back under a different name.
    Don't start all over again.
    Just leave your account open and login again after a while.

• I also find it very annoying how whenever I ask a question relating to gender, a few idiots automatically jump to the conclusion that I'm being condescending or offensive towards women because of their very poor comprehension skills of what I've said (how I've worded it) in my question when my intention was never to offend women or anyone. My intention of it was to share my own experience speaking for myself and hearing from other people's perspective. Here's one of my questions that I'm talking about. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1646541-do-you-think-it-s-ever-right-for-parents-to-control-their-daughter-s

It's like seriously, you really have to be careful with what you say here on GAG no matter what your intention of your question is because it's almost impossible to ask any question without unintentionally offending a few idiots or attracting that one flamer that just has nothing better to do with his/her life than to start a debate on the internet that I never intended to provoke.

• However, when I said that that I can somewhat understand why some parents tend to be more leniant towards their grown adult sons dating choice compared to their grown daughters since hear a lot of domestic violence problems reported by women being victims and many other stories I've heard and even witnessed myself, that didn't mean that I agree with parents micromanaging their daughters lives like two of the illiterate dumb flamers (one female GAG user and one male GAG user) tried to make it sound like.

• I know your intent was not bad.
      But I can see where offense was taken from "... grown sons date compared to who their grown daughters date since most of us men (at least in my experience) tend to have common sense to distinguish between who's the right woman "
      Pretty much here you're saying women lack common sense so they need help.
      The phrasing wasn't the best.
      With the internet I have learned, you have to be careful about the way you phrase things.
      Even when you are careful (which I am now), there's still people who will take offense to whatever you say no matter what.
      Some people are just like that.
      You have to learn to ignore them.

If it makes it any better next time before hand try saying something like,
      "My intention isn't to offend someone this is just my view... etc"
      If you feel you have to.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have gone C over the last month or so I have really thought about usage style on GaG now I have found a groove that suits me. Through blocking topics and careful question selection I can stay away from the negative rants. I say this to everyone who is thinking of leaving, don't deactivate take a break - I am always taking breaks.

What Girls Said 6

• Just take a break from it and don't log in for a while. You might regret deactivating later down the road.

• If you're not enjoying yourself anymore, why bother staying?

• Typical man! Stuff gets hard you just walk away. You're just like my ex. Everything with a penis is just like my ex!!

• Lolwut? What are you talking about?

• It was a joke i was being a manhater :p

• Maybe, if most of these man/woman-hating rants were just jokes here on GAG, then it probably wouldn't have driven a lot of the former GAG users (the Top Xper ones) away.

• If you dont enjoy g@g anymore than sure
    Or you could just log out and take a long break

• If you feel that way then i would suggest going inactive for a while. Consider coming back when you are in a better frame of mind, and less busy. If you feel the same way after a break from GaG then maybe deactivate.

Don't do something permanently stupid, because you are temporarily down. Rash decisions are nearly always regretted

• Yes they think it will change something somehow, but it is how it is, no battle on this site is going to change anything.

What Guys Said 9

• Things go in cycle on here. Just take a break, don't deactivate. Check back once in a while instead of all the time. You will enjoy it more when you can come back, find a good thread or two to deal with, then go back to studying.

• Usually, these types of emotions happen when a user is one the site consistently, for a few days or weeks at a time.

Take a hiatus from this site, but leave your account active. When u come back in a week or two or three, those feeling you express will vanish.

For example, all the transgender topics on here during Bruce's accouncement of being transgender, were wearing me out. So I had to take a break.

But I'm back, and I'm refreshed! :-D

• It is a lot like life you can't always expect the best. Just surround yourself with close friends, the rest is none of your concern

• Yep yep yep

• yes I took a break for a while because of all the friendzone complainers and bitter women hating men. It gets old boys and we all know you need to grow up!

• That sounds adequately reasonable.

• i just ignore stuff i don't like...

• If you have other things to do, fine. You don't need an excuse for not being here.

• Deactivation is best if you have firm determination not to come again here