Certain people on this site shouldn't be allowed to give advice?

Am I the only one that feels this way? Some people are leaving advice and they're are doing more damage than good. I know some people on gag are actually looking for serious help and the last thing they need is some idiot giving them horrible advice. I think something needs to be done especially people that only comment first to get the points.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is definitely an increase of "troll advice" here on GaG in the past few years!

I always try to genuinely help people, but there are still a sizable amount of users here that give shoddy advice just to troll, get some cheap laughs, and get XPer.

What Guys Said 7

• I agree. However, the problem is the vast number of people on this compared to the number of admins and mods. They will never be able to keep on top of every single thing. This is why they rely on us reporting things. If GAG had enough people spending most of their time on GAG browsing around constantly for things that need removing they would end up having to pay them for their time and effort on here and that of course would mean we would have to pay for the use of this site.

• I don't know. People can skip over bad advice if they want. "Bad" is a question of perspective. What's frown upon is antagonism and name-calling.

• Advice is subjective
    What you may deem as bad advice.. others may deem amazing.

And the ones that are clearly trolls are jokes.. are just that, they fall into their own category

• I've seen one or two users who give bad advice to nearly everyone and I was talking to a few people here and they said the exact thing about certain users.

• As I said, it's subjective.
      Just because you deem it bad doesn't make it so.

Example

A girl and boy have an argument.. girl comes on GaG and says he is a dickhead and is gonna dump him.. but wants advice as to how.
      Now many people who have been in her shoes will side with her and, not knowing full story, cater to her emotions and tell her what to do.

Someone else may say she needs to calm down, think about it and just relax.

Neither are right nor wrong.
      Both end different and tackle it different

• how do you define useful, surely what is useful to one person could be useless to someone else. i get your point just not sure where the cut off of what is acceptable would be

• Well that's what reporting is all about. You can report.

• That'd be 96% of the user base.

• It says have an opinion. It doesn't say have an opinion that everyone is going to agree on.

What Girls Said 4

• This one 18-24 anon female (I think it's one person) answers people's questions with like 3-word only sometimes helpful answers - I assume it's one person because it's the first answer (extra xper points anyone?) and it annoys me because she doesn't respond to comments and since there's an answer already, others seem less interested in answering the question.

• I know a guy that does the same and he is at a master level it's just very annoying

• Yeah it's really not helpful to other users - given the general content of her posts I'm not even sure if she's legitimately answering or just robotically responding. It's super irritating.

• You are allowed to report those specific users for trolling (if they aren't anonymous).

• Really I didn't know that 😊

• Yes. If you go to their profile, there's a little grey flag at the top. That's the report button - it will give you a drop down list of reasons to report a user. Select whatever one is appropriate (in this case, trolling) and press report. You also have the option in that menu to block that user from answering your questions. However, if you continue to post anonymously, blocking people is useless.

• That's why you have to use common sense with the advice

• yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss