Why are girls always going anonymous?

i am going to allow anonmyous answers but, i tend to see girls go anonymous for opinions that they shouldn't feel the need to go anonymous for

here is an example, "whats your favorite chocolate?" girl answers anonymously "Hershey's"
like what? why go anonymous for something like that! do you have a law suit against Hersheys chocolates or something lol!

I see guys go anon when they write creepy or personal stuff, same for girls but I don't know why girls go anon for harmless stuuf!
Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think as welcome, for I can tell, @PiuBelloAmante, that Guys go Incognito Just as much as Gag Girls do so it makes this sort of Even Steven.
    However, there may be the Ones who don't Always do this, just once in a blue moon when they don't feel like being Seen... Just heard.
    Many people go Anonymous for different Reasons of their own Seasons and just do not care to have their face in place for Everyone to see or to Bother Interjecting back when the Asker Just may Ask More in Store on Their topic at hand and sometimes it might not be So... Sweet.
    Good luck. xx

• lol.. I meant to say 'well,' @PiuBelloAmante. lol:)) xx

• woah... thats a bit too far... i didn't know gag had a chatbox..

• lol... No not actual chat box but the Message box which you can Chat in.. and yes, some will go very far by far to make a point, @PiuBelloAmante lol:)) xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• Just as many guys go anonymous for the dumbest reasons too, it's not just girls. I don't get it but whatever. What bothers me more is people going anonymous to post questions or answers dealing with heated topics, and then they feel like they can insult you and shit when you don't agree with them. I only go anon when I'm posting something that's personal and that I don't want traced back to me.

I think the anon feature should only be available on certain topics, like sexual behaviour/health and relationships or something.

• agreed, i was mostly referring to harmless questions and opinions, but i do agree that for sexual health and behavior its best to go anonymous

• It's weird to go anon on those questions which is why I don't often allow anonymous on my questions, because my Q's are usually just general ones.

It could be a privacy thing as well, as girls here tend to get a lot more sexually charged messages from guys even if they never post in sexual questions.

• "Do u have a lawsuit against Hersheys chocolate or something" LOL

Maybe I can help u out a bit because honestly Im guilty of going annoymous for simple things at times. Sometimes I'll answer a question & then I'll go "wow this sounds too much like me. If someone in my real life was suppose to stumble on this website they'll totally know it's me. haha." Like they'll put two & two together from other questions & figure it's me. Lol It's such a silly thought but the solution is so easy: click anonymous. so I just do it.

• Haha you actually red the description! :)

i get that though, thanks for giving me another perspective =)

• i dont go anon.. almost never..

• I never went anonymous so far , but maybe when, they go anonymous about a question like those, they think they r "silly" questions so they, don't wanna be embarrassed? 😐 Lol I have no idea and I'm trying to figure it out !

• I see far more dudes doing it than I do girls.

• LOL! i was talking about harmless questions/answers
      I do agree creepy dudes write a bunch of weird things in anon...

• Maybe they're paranoid.

• Maybe because anon girls think that they are stupid for posting for stuff like that or do not have enough guts to face any harsh opinions.

• assured privacy?
    maybe they don't want to be messaged over that topic, so going anon is the best way to prevent that?

• I guess the assured privacy makes sense
      Yeah maybe when it comes to "Sexual Health" Questions and beaviour questions they dont want weirdos messaging them

but for harmless opinions, like the example i gave, do you girls get messaged?

• eh, it's not that hard to ignore or block creepy people.

• i think the made that feature specifically for that reason, to block creepers

• I have no problem being open with my opinion, unless it's something personal, like about my body. Otherwise, that's really stupid.

• exactly, what i was saying, i think women should feel open about expressing themselves here...
      but i understand the need to protect ones privacy too

• Especially if the question they're asking is stupid and sexual, they're going to want to go anonymous instead of being open.

• I go anonymous sometimes because I want avoid getting hate or bullied or judged and that's why I go anonymous

• Lmao. I'm still trying to figure it out.. Maybe they think it's a dumb question? Idek

• As an almost permanent anon - I would say past bad experiences with people. I've been seriously harassed on other sites, and spammed with guys wanting to talk about sex on this one. So, it's just easier and less stressful.

• I like Hershey's chocolate bars.

• I don't want to be contacted or followed. Plus I also hate my user name.

• awwwwwww why dont you like your username? :)

I get that followed/contacted part

• If I told yo then I wouldn't be Anonymous.

Anyway, even in real life I'm very mysterious and elusive and that carries over into my online life.

• i like elusiveness lol!
      and yeah sorry, i am a bit slow at times... didn't mean to ask for you username lol

• because we can.. now guess who i am?
    if you can :P

• I have no idea... beats me lok

• *goes anonymous* lol!

• so its a habitual thing!
      kind of like an involuntary thing that you just happen to click the box whenever posting...
      makes sense

• Kinda of , yeah lol

• Cause it's safer and more comfortable

What Guys Said 12

• To protect their privacy, and privacy is subjective to a person. It's their choice anyways.

• It's more fun and more mysterious that way

• Really? I think I see lots more guys go Anon, usually with sexist posts... but I have no idea which is actually more.

• I was referring to harmless opinions. i blocked the sexual topics on gag so i really dont see those creepers much anymore,

• Oh I see, well in that case I do agree with you, I guess because girls are raised in general to be more nice to a persons face? Which in a way, extends to the internet profiles?

• to piss you off

• Gotta have some mystery.

• Based on your observation the only logical conclusion i can draw is , that girls are pussier than boys.

• lol!
      i think it has to do with their privacy and being afraid to voice their opinions openly
      I think their fear of voicing opinions, openly comes from the way they were raised or brought up

• Ya, what you said is the euphemism for pussy.

• for the lulz... and because it gives them kicks/"power"...

• Because they are private users

• I've seen a lot of girls go anon on "What is your favorite color?" questions, I really don't get it.

• I rather chew on ghandi`s flip flops than go anon

• well a lot of guys go anon for random stuff also. there's really no way of knowing what goes through their minds each time they go anon to answer a question

• yeah i guess you are right, i was mostly to referring to the questions that seem to ask something harmless...

• Maybe because they are afraid that you threat them for a chocolate bar 😂 just kidding.

Well, maybe they can better hide their identities and feel more safe about they are saying. Thus, no one will message them to say something about the opinion they have just shared.

For the fun, I'll be anonymous :)

• haha thanks man!
      thanks for going anon too!

yeah it seems to be a safety/privacy situation for sure