Should I give MHO to an inactive account?

A user submitted a great answer but he/she is not active anymore. Should I give MHO to him/her or to the one who submitted the second best because then, it would increase their MHO% and they could utilise the awarded 5 xper?

• Inactive account because he/she deserves this whether he/she is active or not.
  • Second best because it would not benefit that inactive user.
  • Fact: If you search for the word 'askew' in Google, the content will tilt slightly to the right.
Fuck. They both are girls so your (GAG's) update is worthless to me. Fail!

JK :P

Most Helpful Girl

• The MHO is supposed to go to... most helpful opinion... regardless of who the person is or if their account is inactive or not. So the MHO should go to which ever opinion you believe would be of most benefit to you.

Just because they are inactive that doesn't make the person's opinion less effective or prevent it benefitting you.

I gave MHO to an inactive user, because it was great advice and it was the opinion that did help me the most.

• Agree with you. Thank you very much :)

• I hope he does get bored. Maybe he will when he doesn't see me around , or he may harrass some other girl instead

• There's no way to 'permanently' ban his IP because he can use proxy. And he makes back to back accounts. :/

Most Helpful Guy

• You on't give the MHO to the person, you give it to the opinion.

What Girls Said 14

What Guys Said 15

• I think you should give this user the MHO.

Even though they're inactive, that doesn't stop the fact you think their "opinion" is the most helpful one. If someone writes a terrific answer, than they deactivate, they still wrote a terrific answer. The idea is to pick the MHO. Period. It says nothing about picking active users, nor is the user relevant in the first place.

• 1. If GAG allows you to select MHO to an inactive a/c then the call is yours and entirely so
    2. I'd give an MHO to an inactive a/c if the opinion is how you describe it :)
    3. Reason I won't give an MHO to someone else against the best answer of an inactive member is, the former can always earn Xpers since they are around
    4. However, a good deed shouldn't go unrewarded even if posthumously (in GAG lol)
    5. Not everything in life is about material benefit :)
    6. Vote 'A'

• I think you should give it to the best answer for future reference. If I search for a question (because I have the same doubt and don't want to ask a duplicate), I like to read the best answer knowing that it's what the asker considered best. It is much more informative. People shouldn't care so much about MHO percentage. I'm steady at 4%, and I couldn't care less.

• Yes, it's useless to give MHO to a deleted account and hate say this
    but 9 chances out of 10 it's a duplicate account that gets deleted
    these people should know that when you have a second account
    i don't care if you use the Internet in Japan and then the Internet in
    America all computers have unique IP numbers that can track us down
    people do this repeated stuff and it pisses me off I often see the same
    post being made by people who make the same question up on their
    duplicate account but i guess they don't care.

• i dont see any problem for give to the 1st one being him/her active or not... the best is the best.. and the mho and exp hunters will be mad but thats what i think about it

• Every girl is saying to give it to the second best or themselves. But I agree with you :) the best is the best.

• its like ask who was the boxers of all time.. or compare mj and lebron... or something like that.. or usain bolt.. phelps arnold i dont know but when people are or was the best until now dont change it... just because dont play anymore or something like that

• Perfect! *bows*

• i've done it already just out of curiosity to see if inactive GAGers can receive a MHO.

if u consider his/her advice as da most helpful advice among da rest then do it... after all that's da purpose of MHO... although keep in ming he/she won't be rewarded... so choose wisely

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• Yes, you can if you want too but why would you give it to an inactive user? it's your choice anyways.

• Well on the one hand you can do the 'technically' right thing and give it to the inactive user. But on the other hand you could maybe make someone's day by giving them the MHO.

• I tend to give it to them so that if people see that question on my profile or via a Google search, they will see the one that I found most helpful.

• Think of it as flagging the opinion as the best for someone who might find the question in a search some time in the future.

• I never give MHO to an inactive user. Let an active user get their numbers boosted! :)

• yeah I've done that before

• Disavow the question xD

• Yeah, it'll be like an epitaph.

• You can't gain anything from sucking up to an inactive account, so you'll go with second best.