What do you think about MHO's being gender specific?

I just noticed on a few questions there are two MHOs, a Most Hepful Guy and Most Helpful Girl. I'm not sure how recent this change is but I'm just noticing it now.
What are your thoughts?

• Great
  • Stupid
  • IDGAF

Most Helpful Girl

• I think MHO is not related with gender. It is just MHO to me. You choose because it is the greatest answer.
    So it is not big change for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Doing this is like saying that girls don;t have as good a chance in competition with guys, so they separate them out so they can get MHO. (Or the other way around if you are on that other side) There really is only one MHO, whether male or female. What are we going to call one of them? MHG? But then you can't tell which it is... Guy or Girl.

What Girls Said 15

• I'm kind of on the dense about it. On one hand many people do give great advice so it's good that we can reward more than one person, but at the same it kind of takes away from who truly has the most helpful answer because at first we were forced to pick one even if the difference between someone's answer was only by a shred.

Also I really hate the fact that they've deducted the points for Most Helpful it's basically not worth anymore now that more than one can get it. It went all the way from 10 points, to 5 points, to now 1 measly point it's basically just like leaving an opinion and not getting most helpful.

• I didn't know they reduced the points too. That does suck.

• Sorry someone gave me false info most helpful is still worth 5 points

• I don't care about it. I usually get great answers from both genders, and this just gives me a chance to pick one great answer from each side rather than overall.

• I don't care about gender I just choose the opinion that I think is the most beneficial or most authoritative to the question I ask but I guess its good - more best answers is great!!!

• It's pretty fuckin' dumb lol. But whatever.

• i haven't seen this yet, but meh. i think its alright. its more "fair" i guess, but totally not necessary.

• It's great because the chances of getting 5 points are higher XD

• Love it! Mostly because ever since the change I've gotten more MHO's XD

• I think people who got the second MHO should be thankful they got more points for basically doing nothing :P

• that is true, I have been getting more mhos lately but the level of satisfaction I get isn't the same as when it wasn't divided by gender 😔

• yeah I've talked to her before... why?

• Because she could sing a song about it ;)

• It's mehh. Doesn't really make a difference.

• It's called most helpful opinion for a reason and it's beyond stupid to have two mho's.

• How can you have 2 MHO?

• I like it! It gives you twice the chance for MHO, thus making your MHO percentage higher.

• Sometimes it's hard to pick one MHO as it is. So I don't like it.

• More points for me!

• i think its cool.

What Guys Said 18

• I think it's a great idea.

Time and time again, there're several
    great answers/opinions, but the 1 MHO limited
    people to one.

Now, the asker has the choice
    for two, that's.. double so good? ^.~

• Makes sense to me. The comments are already divided according to gender, so why not the most helpful of these two intentionally separated sections getting their own spotlight.

• I just noticed, it happened sometime tonight. I like it, I think? it is a big step, but I think I can think of a few times at least where a guy and a girl both gave great enough advice to warrant MHO

• It's kind of silly I guess they wanted to make things more "fair"

• Its a welcome change, sometimes a guy and gal given awesome advice from different perspectives.

Do u like the change?

• I think it's a bad idea. To be honest, I just went back and awarded some MHO's to people who I like and want to have more points.

• I liked it when it was only 1 MHO tbh

• i think itΒ΄s stupid. a helpful answer should not be gender specific... also what if two of the same gender had a very good answer but none of the other gender?

• I actually kinda like it. The more the merrier, right?

• It'seems it's just one more thing GAG can pester me about.

• There can be only one MHO the other is just to boost someone's self esteem.

• It defeats the purpose of MHO to some extent

• I don't see much mental or physical harm in it

• i dont care about that

• I think it's central to the concept. The site is called GirlsAskGuys after all.

• its sexist and fuck u

• It's very recent.
    Do both get points or does each get 1/2 ?