How do you feel when someone disables anonymous responses?

Will you still answer the question or are you too scared so you don't?

• I answer anyways if I can
  • I run away and hide

Most Helpful Girl

• It's weird.

I don't think these people realize that they're shutting out 50% of users, because a lot of users can only post anonymously, since they don't have a username set.

• Everyone has a username

• @musicbrain5 I didn't know that.

• I didn't know it until recently either, until I signed out of my account and saw the sign up screen.

What Girls Said 9

• nI Answer ALL Questions that Suits me, @Questionman, and I am Not prejudice against Anyone, Anoymous or Not. It is no big deal, I don't make a Big deal out of it and as I have stated here, dear, manmy times over, they have their own personsl reasons of the seasons for why they do it. In fact, just a few weeks ago, I Myself Posted a Question Just For Anonymous People Only.
    I have gone Anon maybe a couple of times and it has only been Once for a very personal matter I neded to run by Guys Only and the other few times so I would not have to have a Fighting match with Other guys over Politics, which is often a sore spot.
    Good luck. xx

• I post anonymously so rarely that it doesn't usually bother me. Plus I think most people know it's me when I post anonymously anyway XD

• I'm almost never anonymous when I answer a question but if somebody disables anonymous answers - I will usually be too afraid to answer the question - just knowing I CAN'T answer anonymously scares me off.

• I don't care. I can't remember the last time I went anonymous on here. I only use it when I'm posting something personal that I don't want traced back to my account. Usually that happens on a sex question.

• I don't post anonymously anyways. I think I did maybe 2-3 times when I first started but now it doesn't bother me, I just what I have too

• Can't be bothered I rarely go anon.

• Dont care. I'm rarely anon.

• I answer anyway

• I usually answer. However, I prefer being anonymous.

• I don't want to develop interpersonal relationships, I don't particularly enjoy attention and I feel safer when I am anonymous.

What Guys Said 6

• I hardly ever go anonymous, so when I see a "no anonymous posts allowed" I really don't care. I'll answer it anyway if I can. Part of the reason I go on GAG is for the community feel as I answer questions. If I went anon, I would be missing the feel of the community, and then it'd be just like Yahoo Answers again for me. YA! got boring for me after awhile. The people on GAG keep it from being boring.

• I think before I type if the person doesn't allow anonymous opinions

• I always usually disable anon responses because I have had trolls in the past

• It's not an issue for me, because I'm not a regular user of the anonymous feature.

• Depends on the question. If it's something I don't mind being attached to my online persona I don't mind answering.

• Why did you go Anonymous this time?

• Anonymous is my default. I like putting my ideas and words out there to carry themselves without the extra benefit of my name. I have a pretty high MHO and I have high Xpr but I'd rather people not see that and instead judge my response for itself. Just avoiding potential biases.

• I only answer anonymously now, because I kept getting messaged. I tend to be really giving, so my time started getting abused by people asking questions. So, had to save my time.

• You could just change your settings and not receive messages unless the person was following you.