Why do I get downvoted on random opinions?

Like if I go on a question with simple answers, I get downvoted for no reason by people. I have no idea why. I mean, they can't disagree with me because it's not really asking for an opinion... so, I'm stumped. I would understand if they disagreed with me, but there's nothing to disagree with. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's an example:

The take was something about black girls...

and I answered: Thank you for making me feel good about myself.

I got downvoted for what? I don't get it. I'm not mad about it, just confused as to why. I understand they could've misclicked but do people downvote just to downvote?

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, make sure that you've not offended anyone these days. There some insane and stubborn people who would start to stalk you and try to demoralise you. There is a person who is trolling Indians for over 4 months. His main male target is me. He made 7-8 duplicate accounts and started to downvote my opinions whenever he saw any. For example this :-
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1561122-what-kind-of-gag-user-are-you
    You see, I received 6 downvotes but an interesting fact is that, I was the last person who opined on that question. So, it is very unlikely that six different person visited that question and just downvoted my opinion without submitting their's. And it happened within a few minutes and my post was not even negative.

This happened with a lot of my posts. He also started to post insulting opinions on my questions and upvoted them with his duplicate accounts
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../...46e9-8495-e1e5d7cf7eb5.jpg

Then I asked a question regarding this and on this question he admitted (anonymously) that he was stalking me and downvoting. Admins removed my question because it made bad impression on the site but they told me that there was someone behind this and they took necessary actions and banned him.

Now, he's back. I got 5 downvotes within a few minutes
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1642093-how-do-you-like-my-boobies
    And when I commented that I am trolled, he started upvoting to hide his identity.

So, please take care
    ______________________________________________

If you think you're not being trolled, you should not take these things seriously. You were the same person before those downvotes, you'll remain the same person after those downvotes. It means that your opinions were so strong that they irked the fragile and insane people because they are out of their comfort zone and they are so inferior that they don't even have enough courage to tell you that THEY downvoted and why.

Maybe they hate you because you're too good and if people are not jealous of you, it means you doing it wrong ;)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Don't pay attention to it.
    Just look at half of my comments that red button looks like it's glowing.

• It looks like some don't like you and are stalking your questions, just to downvote you.
    Why? Any stupid reason can be enough for a stupid person.

• They just didn't agree or they didn't like what you said. It happens.

• But "thank you for making me feel better about myself" isn't something to disagree with. I think I just have random haters.

• Apparently they felt they disagree :P maybe with the tone or something

• Haters gonna hate

• There is always someone who will not like what you say. No matter what.

• i had same thing happen to me, i found lot out who they were and had it taken care of
    sorry they made you feel bad , seriously i do get ones late at night who are catfish's
    come on my opinions to start arguments and basically i tell them i will file a police
    report against them on grounds of cyber bullying all i do is trace their username
    and give it to the police i let them handle things,

• Who cares?
    I get downvoted all the time.
    Especially when making a solid case argument people don't like.

What Girls Said 9

• I think a lot of people DO downvote just to downvote, honestly.

• Downvoting is usually a way to just tell people "nope" without having to actually engage with them. Don't even worry about it. It does mean you're any less right or cool ;)

• because u got haters girl! aren't they great? :P

• I've misclicked before trying to scroll down so that's a possibility lol

But i'm curious about that too, sometimes I will make a really strong opinion and no one will down vote but I can say that my favorite nail polish color is black and ding 5 down votes, it's so odd.

Sometimes I kind of think people do it just because they don't like the person and don't even read the answer, they look like petty little babies to me.

• I'm not sure... sometimes I accidentally down vote people and I'm like "whooooppsss" otherwise they're just jerks I guess

• I don't know but I want to get some downvotes because I rarely get any. EVERYONE DOWNVOTE ON MY COMMENT PLEASE! D: I'm actually giving you permission to, lol

• Personally its me that's been doing it I just don't like you I hate your coll glasses you piss me off jk jk its not me I swear. People be hating on everything on the internet just ignore it.

• That happens to everyone

• A lot of people do it just for the sake of it