Why do people on this website hate FEMINISM?

are they really so 'vocal' because it's online or do they hate FEMINISM in real life too?

Most Helpful Guy

• I no hate feminism

I just hate people who think all women r better than men

What Guys Said 35

• The real feminists that actually do believe in equal rights for both genders are fine. I agree with that myself. It is the Feminazi women I hate, because they don't want to even listen or care about equal rights for men to. They are the type of women that want everything in life to advantage women. They want all the advantages of feminism for women plus want things like a man going out of his way to hold a door open for a woman or him giving up his seat on the bus just because she is a woman. They are misandrists not feminists. They are the people I hate not real feminists.

• The people that hate feminism get the Feminazi women confused with the real Feminists and automatically think when a woman says she is a Feminist she is a man hating bitch. The problem is us men run into a lot of women that are Feminazis and this sure does not help so even the real Feminists should hate the Feminazis to.

• Agreed :) and they give us real 'Feminists' a bad rep..

• They sure do give the Feminists a bad rep.

• This is what I have come to believe :

Linguistically speaking, just looking at the mere linguistic aspect of this term, it implies that it is like an ideology or a mantra to live by ( which it is) ( suffix =ISM)

Looking at the term "Feminist" , it implies that we are dealing with a person who is professionally dedicated to this subject and hence is occupied with this subject only most of the time. Analogously, there are words with the same suffix ( IST), like "scientist" , "racist" , "dentist" , "dermatologist" or "narcissist" .

All these are individuals who ARE this and that but nothing else, it's a label and evokes an image of us with stereotypes.

Let's try this experiment : Imagine an image of the following :

Banana, bike, moon, rat , boy, hammer, car, sky , ball, tree , house , terrorist

What image is in your mind when you imagine the "terrorist" ?

Correct, it will most likely be a middles Easterner with a long black beard and an AK 47 and a turban !!!

Although a terrorist could easily have white skin and be a member of the RAF ( Red Army Fraction )

Do people hate terrorists? Yes
    Do people hate feminists ( based on this logic ) ? Yes

I hope you can find the connection here. The experiment gives the answer

• * SOURCE : advanced psychology

• So what comes to your mind when I say Feminist?

• Exactly, this is the question :

If I'm being honest, it's the man hating feminist (feminazi ) .

It's the image you have been bombarded with for long enough so that it's deeply rooted in your mind. Media manipulation - whoever controls the media has the power.

• I don't hate them but I do dislike them a lot teetering on the edge of hate, I have never had anything good come from associating with them and now a days they just cause more trouble then they do good. And to be honest they have outlived their usefulness, the United States no longer has any need of them, they simply serve no purpose here anymore.

That being said I do approve of the core values and reason that the group was originally founded on but I do not agree with what they have become, which is corrupt and power hungry, they are about supremacy now.

• Of course they hate feminism in real life.

However, most men are terrified of female disapproval, so will hide their views in real life. It's pathetic, really.

I am utterly open about all my views, including my opposition to feminism.

• Mainly the bunch of visiting incels, MRAs and MGTOWs. These often come, ask three questions, then you don't see them again.

• the idea of women having equal rights is fine
    and for the most part they do in "developed" countries

feminism is needed elsewhere in countries where women really have no rights or less rights, i want to see american/western feminists help those ladies out
    and speak out for them and act for those women, they need help the most

• Because the whole ideology of "every man is a potential rapist" and "check your privilege" is such an enticing ideology to follow. /sarcasm

• Anything to the extreme is bad I don't hate it I just don't like the extreme feminists and I have met some nasty ones on here.

• Most people don't talk about their political views IRL unless it's part of a debate forum anyway, so the opportunity to tell a feminist to fuck off isn't a common occurrence. I've argued with probably 2 feminists in person, more online, but that's just because the likelihood of running into over-opinionated people online is higher than in person, especially on forums like this.

I feel like everybody here who chats shit about feminism would tell a feminist to fuck off IRL if given the opportunity.

• Sidenote: I hate all feminists all the time until a feminist I'm hating on admits that, though she's for equality, her main focus is women's issues and not men's issues instead of claiming that feminism is for both genders.

That's someone being honest, and I can't get mad at honesty.

• Exactly! Feminism is about women's issues not men's issues..

• let's explain this shit... women are women - an amazing creature (probably the best on the earth, we love them) and men are men (human beings), let's not compare what this has got and the other has not.
    i hate feminism not because they have done something to me but i dont believe what they are fighting for (they call it rights ), luckily not all women are like that they love their roles and responsibilities in life, feminists are minority so that means majority of women are against feminism for example in America (one of world's biggest countries) 82% are not feminists. so that speaks for itself

and yeah people hate them in real life too

• Because this site acts like a retreat and or get away for all the rejected.

• i don´t "hate" feminists but most of the self proclaimed feminists are in fact feminazis. also it´s not like you agree to a set variety of ideas or rules. you just say "i´m a feminist" and that´s it. there´s basically no meaning to this.

most just say "i´m for equality, therefore i´a feminist" which is bullshit and only a recent addition to the concept to keep it socially somewhat acceptable.

some just mean something like "i think we should help women" when they say they´re feminists.

it´s just a hollow term thrown around and nobody knows what´s actually meant.

• I don't hate it but I don't support it either. In the United States women have the same rights. Actually when it comes to paternity issues they have MORE rights than men.

Personally the only time feminism ever comes up is online. I practically never talk about it in real life.

• People are cautious about anything that
    differs even slightly from their own beliefs. ^.~

• This is the way I see it.

If you want total complete equality for both genders, then I think you should call yourself an equalist or something similar.

To me, feminism implies that women are better and deserve more than men.

• I'm not fighting for men's rights, i support feminism and believe in women's rights.
      Equality for women, so that they would be given same rights as men.

• That's not supporting women's rights. That's a basic human right, it applies to both genders.

• I hate feminism in real life also. Most of the people I know also hate it, including most women I know. However the subject comes up a lot more on this site.

• They hate FEMINISM because they think FEMINISM is responsible for girls not wanting to dedicate their lives to them just because the guy showed interest.

• Bitter fools.

• ... aaand 6+ guys aren't willing to come into terms with that, hah!

• But to be completely honest, feminism does have its issues even as a base concept. It is all about how women should be treated and how people should not be thinking about women; but in reality, emphasising a distinction between how "men" and "women" are meant to be `handled` is actually a prime cause of sexism, and just retains the same problem that they claim to be fighting. The only solution is to stop caring about the gender of the person you interact with to the best of your ability. But if you are "feminist", you clearly favor one sex over the other. And that will not fix the problems that stem from gender segregation, and beliefs like "a guy and a girl cannot be friends because one of them will inevitably and always fall for the another." That is harmful. And feminists aren't really fighting it.

• I thought it was pretty obvious by now.

• I agree with you , i wish i had a answer , i think haters will hate sweetie

• Well, I don't hate feminism.

• Anything newsworthy about feminisms is always something really horrible. Hard to support anything that constantly does the opposite of what it stands for.

• Nah it isn't just people on this site... normal every day people find it irritating because it was flooded with the psychos that now embodies the idea of feminism... so now it is egalitarianism.

• That's why i hate everyone equally!

• I dont hate feminism, i just hate feminists... if that makes sense
    Like "yaaay equal rights!" but the people actually fighting for these rights are annoying.

• because this is the face of feminism: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0

• Feminists are just a relic from when women had no rights. They should go live in the Arab world where they would actually have something to do.

• Funny thing is most girls on GAG are really tolerant and nuanced about the whole thing, but I just use GAG as an outlet for my dating frustrations coupled with the bitter idiot feminist columns and people I have come across in my life.

• Feminism is retarded and I voice it here and in real life

• Do a T Chart on Feminism and get back to us if you don't get it...

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 7

• feminism just sounds like a bad tag... feels like they think they are better then men and they have right to treat them like shit..

• why is it that, whenever someone disagrees with feminism, the go to response for the average feminist to say is, "You just don't understand." We have equal rights already here in the west. the reason people hate modern feminism is because they fight for the most stupid reasons and when they run out of things to fight for, they go and pick something random and call it sexiest. you said that you don't care about men's rights. well there is your answer. you hate men. you can say that you don't all you want but everyone can see through first world feminism lies and see that they are nothing but a hate group.

• Not caring about men's rights and hating men are two different things.

• so I guess that ends this conversation then.

• @gwenlota2442 you said EXACTLY everything I was gonna say 😆.. All of your points are the same as mine. *high five*
      Asker, it's not assuming anymore when proof is all over the media, internet and real life 😉

• Omg tell me about it. They perceive it the wrong way and instantly think its some kind of hateful form of feminism which was literally only like one woman who portrayed that attitude. But feminism is equality and we're standing up for ourselves bc domestic abuse and sexism happens to women much more often than men and when we stick up for ourselves people think we're disregarding the fact that sexism happens to men as well, not nearly as much, but it still does, I feel like some men just always make it about themselves. And when we say men, once again we don't mean every man, only some, and a lot of men are like this.

• Some people just look for anything to hate, especially on the internet.

When the word feminist is mentioned most people assume it's some raging, man hater who is obsessed with fighting over every little thing on the planet.

I support feminism because it's needed so desperately in some places but not the crazy extremist.

I'm not sure why so many people think they know someone's personality just because they support something, it seems so close minded to me to assume that because someone supports feminism, that you know exactly what they personally stand for and why.

The same could be said for people who are religious or atheist etc. If someone tells me they're a Christian, I don't automatically assume that they're some religious obsessed wacko or that an atheist is a religious hater.

Everyone needs to learn to take a step back and actually get to know people sometimes before they make such harsh judgments.

• Its an easy escape goat for a lot of guys to voice their problems with women on. Feminism is needed but the extremists get the most attention so that doesn't help.

• Because most people have a very narrow view of feminism, which is more of a caricature than anything, something along the lines of - women having hairy armpits and legs is freedom, penises are the instruments of evil, all men are rapists, and therefore all women should be lesbians. If you look hard enough you can find women who have these opinions, but what the anti-feminist crowd don't seem (or don't want or are just unwilling) to grasp is that those are fringe opinions. And not only are they fringe opinions, they have no real connection to how feminism is used in mainstream society,

Most people don't quite seem to get that feminism means very different things depending on context, but most commonly feminism is simply a method (one of many) for analyzing something in terms of gender such as literature, history, religion, politics, society and so forth.

It's not the boogeywoman some people think it is.

• Why are you SHOUTING? There isn't much need to SHOUT.

Become the feminism that happens here isn't about equality. It's about superiority.