Why Did You Choose Your Username?

The saying goes "what's in a name?" but I think there's something to be said for people who get to choose their own - It's often representative or symbolic; or maybe it just sounds pleasing to the ear.

What's the meaning behind your G@G username and why did you choose it as your handle?

FYI - My username is based on a favorite song & band that's reminiscent of Queen with it's changing directions, tempos, and styles. It's also multilayered... Just like me. \;D/ The double "c" is just a stylistic touch.

dredg, "The Canyon Behind Her" - https://youtu.be/xYoDzx6kHhU

Most Helpful Guy

• Hellion (a rowdy, mischievous, or troublemaking person) the sage (a profoundly wise person) Basicly an ideology and acknowledgement all in one. In lore its the tricksters who traditionally bring wisdom, usually by pointing out the ridiculousness of every day beliefs. Its also the fact that you cannot gain wisdom by keeping to the mainstream or safe mentality, you have to question and you have to rock the boat, so to speak, in order to find truth. Interesting song by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• mfeo (which is a song by Jack's Mannequin) was taken and I had already deactivated my account with the username that I usually use. So I added a 9. Sometimes people refer to me as 9, which is odd because I am clearly a 10.

What Guys Said 38

• I don't have much inspiration in my name. I just happened to see this on the internet while I was thinking up usernames.
    vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Then I was like, oh "dangerDoge" will work. Then I had the thought "ehh, I probably won't like the site anyway. I doubt it isn't that good so the username won't matter."

3 months later, 1500+ opinions later, and some obsession with GAG, here I am.😐
    I kinda want to change it now, but whatever. It is what it is 😓

• Cos I stand by Illusive Man's and his actions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCWND0OuCrk

Cerberus is the only way.

• As a young man, I served as a sailor in the US Navy. Gray was the color of the ships and gray is the current color of my beard.

(I chose the spelling 'gray' over 'grey' to distance myself from the '50 Shades of Grey' hype that was happening everywhere at the time I joined G@G.)

• Edgar Allan Poe

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
    Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
    While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
    As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
    " 'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door;
    Only this, and nothing more."

I always liked that third line. I just like the flow and rhythm of it. I've used other lines from that poem as user names and game names.

• In high school, I gave a lot of advice to people on their problems. Why they decided to call me Saint Richie is beyond me, but sure.

• I've been through a lot of bad shit in the past.
    For the last year and a half, I went through a huge personal transformation, having a some experiences that changed a lot of how I see the world, and the people in it.
    I'm a better, stronger, happier, more powerful, respected and admired person for it, and nothing and no one can bring me down.
    I radiate a power, confidence, courage and wisdom nobody thought I had in me, and it attracts a lot of positive attention.
    The Phoenix Rising is a symbol of clarity, rebirth and immortality, which pretty much describes how I feel.

• I've always been fascinated by strong emotions
    and I have a thing for "deeper meanings".

Translated into English, my name means
    something like "Love & Hate"

I've just been using that
    name for various things since. ^.^

• I am the same way, @aizou. I've seen you around these here parts and your answers always seem to catch my eye.

I have a similar quote as yours in my profile. It's from Les Miserables by Victor Hugo: "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters."

• It makes me happy to hear
      that you feel that way. ^.^

• I choose my user name as it is because my favorite Major League Baseball team is the Cincinnati Reds and I'm a huge fanatic for my team. Really, it's quite obvious why I choose my name.

"What's the meaning behind your G@G username"?-It's simple: There are many Cincinnati Reds fanatics and I happen to be one of them lol. That's the big "secret" meaning here (are you shocked?)

My worst type of user names are the ones with several RANDOM numerical characters.(i. e. User name: 563637.) What is the reason for this? If you ask me, it's pure laziness and shows no creativity.

• "Really, it's quite obvious why I choose my name." "It's simple" "That's the big "secret" meaning here (are you shocked?)"

"I choose my user name as it is because my favorite Major League Baseball team is the Cincinnati Reds" "[Usernames] with RANDOM numerical characters... It's pure laziness and shows no creativity."

Not shocked, per se, just miffed at your condescension.

• I figured you weren't :) hence being miffed vs defensive. A few years ago, I read that tone is misinterpreted in 66% of online communication. I'm sure the % is even higher now.

• @Asker I have noticed that on the computer. I notice it in person too. People misunderstand each other quite often.

• Cuz I went from a #MISTninja to an #MISTnigqa after my short leave of #GAG cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...8-bb72-8fd51a2f0832.gif LOL

• Rex Catholicissimus is Latin for "Most Catholic Majesty", an honorific title bestowed on the Spanish monarchy by the Pope centuries ago. I don't believe any other monarchy in the world has anything quite like it.

What I find interesting about it is that Spanish officers can refer to themselves as "Captain ____ of his Most Catholic Majesty's Frigate, The ____" to this day, I believe.

• Well... OriharaIzaya is an anime character who is an info broker and knows pretty much everything and he's super smart and can read people like an open book, he's my favorite character and yea. I personally want to be a psychologist so he appealed to me the most simply cause he can read people like an open book and I can too.

• That sounds fascinating. I'll have to look him up. As you can probably tell by the question, I am also interested in people and a bit of a reader myself. Feel free to message me to discuss or share further. :D

• The book by Tolstoi. The character in it. I'll say no more.

• Basically it's my first initial, last name and then 118.

The 'J' is the initial of my first name. Jack.
    'Lawson' is my last name
    The 118 at the end comes from my childhood when my mum's cousins used to race a stock car with that number.

Some of my earlier usernames used to have 77 on the end instead of 118 though as I just liked the number 7, but over time I've just changed the number and use this username for practically everything :P

• Andy is my favorite character on Parks and Recreation

• Different from my other usernames, so I can distance it from other sites. It lets me generally be a cunt and write sentences with serious full stops at the end.

• 1|0
  • It was suppose to be ironic... I wanted it as NocturnalLPN or I_am_impulsive, but umm yeah...

• I just thought of mine and it is no way connected to my real name

• I wanted to have my name as my username but I didn't want my views/opinions to represent my religion, people tend to generalize and I don't want to be treated as inferior due to my ethnicity.
    Therefore, I chose a name that was my character's name in a theater's play.

• Because its fucking clever and I like pandas.

• It's part random and partly because I want to aspire to be a unique individual who wants to help people.

• I don't know, dude.

• My last name is Macklin and I was born in 1991. If I changed it, Mountain Dew would definitely be involved in my username.

• My first initial, last name and 1991 is my birth year. My first name is Stephen, My last name is pronounced muh, hay, luh.

• Mine is cuz it's my Xbox live thingy and I really liked it

I got Maxemeister from the word Bagelmeister

• Yazan is my first name

AA stands for my last name.

• Well I have Questions and I am a Man.

• I'd tried a few things and they were taken, so I just stole my favourite poet's middle name...

• Random ones and zeros. No reason, no meaning.

• it is my real name

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 28

• Because I'm from Nowhere. Physically and emotionally.
    Hahah, nah, I ain't that deep. A song was playing at that moment and it gave me inspiration for this username, it was supposed to be MissNothing but that was already taken sooo I settled for MissNowhere.

• I was creating my Twitter account, I tried with my name several times, it was "taken" so I was so damn angry, so I decided to create something unique "WHATTHEFUCKAMY" so it was obviously not taken, I loved it and all was amazing, then I forgot my password._. So that's how "WHATHEHELLAMY" was born.
    Since that day, all my social media is "WHATTHEHELLAMY".
    Facebook, instragram, ask, snapchat, whatsapp, gag, youtube, and many others...

• Bellegirl is my daughter and 21 is my favorite number. So simple... I suppose I should try to be more deep.

• It means Yarilo/Jarilo (I've seen it both ways so correct me if I'm wrong), which is a Slavic god of sun. It's also a song by one of my favorite bands, Аркона or Arkona.

• I chose my name because I didn't feel like typing out Taquitos, and I like Mexican food.

• I was feeling nostalgic with lovely memories from Italy :)
    Esplorare is Italian for explore.

• Ripped it off from a paramore album

• my username is lame- first and last name initials and my birthday -.-

• I've always liked my middle name better than my midst do that's where Monae came from and I think diva is pretty self explanatory...

• Monae is a very beautiful name but I'm sure you get that a lot. ;)

• Actually not so much... It's pretty common where I'm from but god I never here the end about my first name!

But thanks anyways :)

• Really? I guess this proves that beauty IS subjective!

• Well, this is my second account so.. I was pretty much too lazy to think of anything fancy or whatsoever. So I just combined 'miss' into 'ms' and my initials. I was actually thinking of kay216 lol, thankfully I didn't. It seems similar to @Kay211 's

• Honestly, it's just my surname and first letter of my name lol.

• Bard means

a poet, traditionally one reciting epics and associated with a particular oral tradition.
    Ex: Shakespeare.

And I like to write stories and my homestuck aspect is bard of blood so it worked

• because... DINOSAURS.

• I think my user name was picked very easily I am Pretty and Puerto Rican. So I just put it together PrettyRican 😊

• well mine Bedlington is after the breed of dogs i love and i have two of them and they are the oldest native breed of terrier to England and they are The Bedlington Terrier

• It's the name of a song

• Lol, not gonna lie. I couldn't come up with something so I used a random username generator. Kinda wished I didn't now cause I don't like it

• my initials.

• because i’m the best

• I picked my user name because I was trying to pick a user name that sounded girly and pinkbeauty was what I picked

• Pure stupidness

• I feel you though... My senior yearbook script was "chocolate is a natural high" ^_^

• Black skinny jeans are my favorite type of jeans so that's the reason.

• It was a game I was playing at the time

• Nothing came to mind so.. Also a kid called me Zell once :D

• I had a dream!!!

Just kidding, the names I wanted were taken so I chose Print

• Part of my middle name and random numbers.. lol

• I'm studying nursing and ever since I was a kid I've always wanted to help people in need :)

• It's my gamer name on my ps3 lol