Am I the only one who hates gender-specific questions?

You know, the one's limited to guys or girls only. I never use that because I want to get as many opinions as possible, and preventing one gender from answering is just unless to me, even with "gender-specific" issues. Does anyone else think it's unnessasary? I mean, if you wanted opinions from one gender, I think that gender would be smart enough to not leave an opinion.

• I hate gender-specific questions too.
  • I'm neutral to them.
  • I like gender-specific questions.
  • Other.
I don't really "hate" them, I just don't see the point in them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate them because it makes zero sense. I mean, I know people with endometriosis and I've heard things from them about it; I as such know more about endometriosis than those who have never even heard of it regardless of whether they are male or female. I don't need to have a uterus to know about such a thing, you know?

In fact, I dislike the gender limited questions so much that I wrote a take about them when they came out, and the take was about how much I think it's a horrible idea.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9054-on-the-seventh-day-gag-said-lo-sexism-be-rampant-in-this-place this one

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate them with passion. Mainly because there are a lot of creepy men here looking for fap material who use the feature to ask creepy sexual questions to girls only and obviously jerk off to the answers. I just wanna take that away from those pervs. Also, guys don't see as many dick size questions anymore because most of them get asked to girls only and then they say that there aren't that many dick size questions here which makes my blood boil. I really hate this gender specific feature. I wish they'd get rid of it.

What Guys Said 10

• "if you wanted opinions from one gender, I think that gender would be smart enough to not leave an opinion." - I wish.

You're definitely not the only one but I disagree. I like them. I've asked questions to girls and limited it to girls only and I do get better answers. It helps rule out the various male trolls (of which there are far more than female trolls) and stops the question from just being derailed. I've asked questions more to girls but didn't limit guys and I get mostly useless answers from the guysand normally less answers from girls..

Maybe it's just me but it is useful in my opinion. I'm sure they might drop it eventually which is unfortunate.

• True. Most of the guys on here are kind of mean. I usually have mean trolls on my questions.

• In general, most of the worst answers and, bar one notable exception, all of the answers that just were insults were guys. I'm not sure why but the worst posters are generally male and the best posters are about 50/50 in my opinion.
      Also, most of my questions are for girls.

• I find them annoying because it presumes that only one sex can have valid opinion. but whatever, if someone doesn't want my opinion that' their loss

• Exactly as you already explained
    is how I feel about those restrictions.

I mean, answers are answers
    the only thing that truly is gender-specific
    is a first hand experience.

• Yeah, cause you can offer advice but when you see it's impossible to answer than you feel like oh shoot.

• 0|0
  • One of the main features of this site is gender specific questions. If you don't like it than use another question/answer forum.

• I don't hate it I just don't understand it. :/

• That's not what I was asking. I was asking why you are here. Having a right to be somewhere isn't a reason to be somewhere.

• *Sigh* I don't want to argue...

• In a way they are awful

• It's okay if they have a See Results option

• for me anonymous are worst than this

• I like them. We're in "girls ask guys / guys ask girls", after all.

What Girls Said 11

• I utterly hate gender-specific, gender-limited questions. And I would think that most do, since when only a single gender is allowed the privilege of responding, the amount of shared opinions is very, very small. Female insight is not null on male-related matters, and vice versa; in fact, the best, most educated response might come from outside of the "target audience."

The only situation where I could see it as a benefit was if someone had undergone a trauma and therefore only felt comfortable or safe asking a certain "group" of people.

• I really like them. I ask them sometimes because there's something that I want to know aimed specifically at a gender.

I mean, I doubt that a guy would know which birth control best worked for him or what he did to calm the cramps on his period.

• I cannot stand it. When people use this they could be missing out on some valuable information or great advice. Even if the question may be targeted at one gender, both genders have the potential to offer great insight.

• i think they can be useful if the question really focuses on one gender but most of the time the question doesn't nee to be gender specific or its a guy wanting girls to talk about the size of his cock

• I don't mind them. I can find it irritating if I feel I can answer the question, but otherwise I don't care. I just ignore them and find another question to answer.

• Voted A, I never choose to answer to a specific gender, I answer both.

• Yes hate them with a vengeance.

• I don't really mind them

• I don't really hate them but I can understand the dislike for them

• same, but just because we can't see questions for the opposite gender... i get not being able to reply but at least let me see

• Yes, I hate it as well.