Why do we tolerate slut-shaming on GAG?

The sequel to my previous question where the prequel ended with me being corrected and realizing this is a much more serious issue on this site.

Most Helpful Girl

• GaG is a reflection of real life. There are a lot of people who do that in real life so they do it even more on here. The best thing we can do is to recognize the behavior in ourselves and do our best to work on it and stop tolerating it those around us.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• GaG tolerate slut-shaming?
    http://i.imgur.com/MeA8JEu.gif

• I do not tolerate this, just like I do not tolerate anything like this that is against women or men. It is not acceptable. That is how I see it.

• I'm against it: like I don't believe in one-night stands, but I can express discouragement without belittling people who have them; it's just like I'm against alcohol intoxication, cigarettes and marijuana, but I don't shame people who partake in activities involving those things regardless if they could respect themselves like they should in my view (as in respect for their health). It's none of my business.

Also, people need to think about all the possibilities why some people do what they do, including sexual promiscuity; for example, have they ever thought that the "class whore" may have been molested and that she somehow feels that sex is all she can give? No matter how sure you are that you know exactly what inspires decisions like those, you DON'T.

• Because disagreeing with someone else's choices doesn't necessarily mean you are being antagonistic towards them as a person.

There is a difference between saying smoking is bad for you, and saying that every smoker is a total idiot for smoking and they'll all drop dead with lung cancer. Slut shaming is similar, you can be both hostile, or you can just state your disagreeing opinion in a civilized manner.

Obviously just because people don't like what you tell them doesn't mean you are attacking them, which is why I don't think it is something to be "stopped". Disagreements happen.

• I don't tolerate it anyone that does it is insecure.

• I will slut shame and man whore shame as much as I want. The hookup culture is destroying our very fabric as a society.

• So basically, you bully people because they don't live/behave how you think they should?

• @Asker This is why we "tolerate" slut-shaming. As you can see, pointing out that it's harmful/hurtful does nothing, because they maintain that their beliefs are correct and "moral" (though they are immoral). Nothing will convince him that shaming/bullying is wrong, because he will justify it, no matter what.

• Clearly did not read ANYTHING I said at all.

I'm done with this place.