Do people here seem very confident, but you reckon in real life they are not?

is it a sham, and does it make you laugh? :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I used to be really shy, been in a depression too. But I got out of it and am now stronger than ever as a person, more open, more confident ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• Speaking for me personally, I act on the internet how I would act in real life after I get comfortable with the person. I probably am a bit more confident online and I can be shy in real life (at least until I get to know you a little). I don't think I am a sham for being more confident on the internet because it really is my personality online without the walls of shyness I have in real life.
    I feel like the internet won't change someone's personality, but rather makes more apparent certain parts of it.

Or at least that's how I think of it. Please clarify if you meant something different when you said "confidence."

What Girls Said 3

• Not necessarily. You can't just assume that you know everything and your speculation is automatically someone's factual reality. That's kinda arrogant and egotistical to be honest.

It's not impossible to be a confident person who exudes that self-assurance on and off the internet.

• Nah I'm the same if not more insecure in real life.. But I don't like to whine so I just shut up and accept the compliments. My close friends know my confidence level (regarding my looks+voice) is 0.
    But yeah I'm trying..

• Of course. But who says that it is not the same in real life?

What Guys Said 5

• Like me for example I say the same shit I do in life. I suppose sure why not but people come from all walks of life. Try focusing on yourself more than others and their imperfections

• that's nice... lolol... i like permission from you on what to post, because it's not 'perfect and mature'... like most things people aren't.. lol.

• butthurt already? dont have time to read this. later

• No you're just funny.

• Well, I'm sort of confident, but no where near the levels on this site. For example, the swearing a lot more imminent on my GAG account.

• Absolutely dude; everything and everyone in this website is a sham

• Well, it's the internet. You could be anyone you want

• that's nice... but you have to come and beat me to silence me... or you never learnt good social tools? lololololollllllloooooooool.

• Sounds like you lol

• not really... though i used to be a loser, not now. Is a loser a person who has a critically acclaimed blog in his own country? but ok..