Should GAGers stop posting polls where no matter which answer you choose, you are forced to validate the asker's beliefs?

Have I made my point?

• Yes! I am choosing to answer this way because I'm intelligent, have a functioning moral compass, and I completely agree 100% with Punkbuster107's opinion on all things!
  • No! I disagree because I'm an unintelligent, unreasonable, horrific human being who's opinion is irrelevant, and who deserves to be imprisoned for life!
  • Other (I'm a weasel with no backbone, so I'm evading the question and pretending neither answer above represents my beliefs even though one of them definitely does.)
So, it looks like a lot of people think I posed this question as a way to get the poll feature permenantly altered.

The truth is, I just wanted to call out people who post troll polls so those of us who are tired of passing them by could finally take a moment to have a laugh at their expense.

On that note, feel free to link this post if you ever do want to respond to such troll polls.

Most Helpful Girl

• Great point. There isn't much of a way to ban this before it's available to all users. But it would be nice. Most often, I don't answer polls like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol how about just move on to another question, save yourself the frustration ya know?

I chose B by the way 😁

What Girls Said 17

• yes.
    a most accurate representation of that lmao!

• I just don't answer polls like that. There isn't a way to ban them though so just ignore them.

• or.. you could just ignore it.

• Very intelligent point. A lot of the polls suck and aren't even very broad or realistic.

• Yes. I hate it. Some people are unable to make polls honestly. I recently did a poll about how good you are at returning calls. The choices were "Often", "never forget" and "other". Wth? Surely you'd think to put in the option "Bad at returning them" or "terrible"? My polls are always perfect. ;D

• They shouldn't be banned, but I genuinely hate such polls. It is usually along the lines of "A: Women suck. B: Women suck. C: Women hate men and have no souls and also really, really suck." Those are what I run into when the topic you broached is in question.

And to be honest, I have no interest in wasting time on someone who is not open to a healthy debate, an exchange of views and facts, and other ideas. Showing such disregard and such obnoxiousness does not reflect well on them or their ability in balanced arguments.

• Haha, I find them funny. Like yours. It made me chuckle.

If I really disagree with them, I just leave a comment instead.

😊😊

• Yeah, thats not a bad idea. I usually just move on though, cause I know anyone who posts a poll like that obviously has no interest in getting a real opinion.

• Well, it would be ridiculously difficult to ban them AND police the rule. Just don't answer the poll if you don't like the answers.

• I'd rather publicly tease them indirectly through carefully worded posts than see them banned though.

• Also a reasonable plan. Good luck and don't get yourself banned by trolling too hard.

• I don't even vote in polls like that. I don't see how they would be able to ban them, besides taking them down after they are posted, though.

• YES!!! i totally agree.. i mean what is the point if we can't give our own opinion... they should just ask a question.. answer it on their own.. and put it in the fridge..

• Other (I am choosing to answer this way because I'm intelligent, have a functioning moral compass, but I disagree with @Punkbuster107's opinion!)

• I could argue against that choice for the sake of playing devil's avocate, but I already depleted my imaginary meanness when I posted the question originally, and the reality is I'd rather just be nice. =)

• Hahaha I love this poll/question!

• Vote D = People should be free to post and answer what they choose

• I refuse to validate your beliefs so I'm not voting on your poll.

• no, because it's their question, so they can make it how they want to.

• When that happens, I skip the poll and comment my opinion. This was funny though :)

• I just skip the poll and comment with my opinion.

What Guys Said 18

• I chose other out of spite. Though I agree, I generally refuse to answer any poll like that and usually point out the bias. Its rather annoying and doesn't really have any value or add any new information. Just validation. Though I suppose banning it would be wrong, you should never censor, but a bit of shaming should be in order.

• I see what you did there :)

• Most choices in "intellectual" polls are so loaded with piggy-backed opinions that they almost never reflect an opinion that anyone with a functioning frontal cortex and half a wit would ever strongly agree with anyway.

Except this one. I love this one.

• Yeah. I miss the good old days of "yes" and "no" without any of the additional junk to exclude the majority of potential voters. GaG is many things, but a place for scientific surveys it certainly is not I'm afraid.

• lol this is so great :) a lot of the time if you say no, the question IS worded in such a way to make you feel like an asshole

• Then don't answer the poll; my goodness some of you guys get WAY too worked up over the small shit.

• I voted C and I'm proud of it! But yeah if everyone is picking the neutral answer there is something weird about your poll maybe lol

• Lol I must be a horrific human being. Usually though I like to leave a comment stating my opinion

• You have a lot of self control if you don't even participate in the poll though. Most people fall into the temptation just so they can see the results, even if they're feeding the asker's ego.

• ._. I am rude to nice guys

they finish last.

• So you are gonna treat them like trash, though thats not really what you wanna dooo ooo? Hoe.

• Yes, they should; but I'm pretty sure they won't.

• Great one dude, nice point made , couldn't had done it better myself, i follow thee my lord.

• Haha, I'm guilty of that sometimes, but I always provided an OTHER option explicitly in case I'm wrong in my basic assumption.

• I totally agree with you, man. There's lots of lame dirty tricks used by people who can't bear the thought of people disagreeing with them. Sometimes I think it shouldn't be GirlsAskGuys so much as TellMeI'mRight

• They're just another fallacy among the many used.

• Might as well ask should gagers stop asking stupid questions...

• Just don't answer it. Why should someone else have to do or not do something that you don't agree with?

• I was about to answer "Yes" because it is annoying when people do that but then you did it yourself so..

• Yes loaded questions should not be allowed.

• I think its hilarious that people do this. Its very frustrating.

• I'm a weaseeeeeeel.