What is the reason Anonymous profiles are allowed on GAG?

I'm not attacking people who choose to remain anonymous , what was the motivation for GAG to offer that.

Sometimes I just wish to respond to someone else other than anonymous , we see the age or range , but the nickname and avatar are small clues that can help answer a question. I see so many post of girls who ask , how is my butt , are my boobs too big etc. and When you see their namename or avatar , ( picture is better) you quaickly understand that some girls are 9 and think they are 4 and others are boasting for whatever reason. Its not a big deal, but I'm curious what people think is the reason GAG is allowing it.
Afraid to have lower memebership is not allowed?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people want to keep their identity private; because of the question they are asking; it can be too personal.
    GAG gains nothing from anon feature. You are anon or not. You are using the site. It is the user who benefits from it.
    You can not generalize whole anon feature with size questions.

Most Helpful Guy

• For those who want to get really personal on their question/opinion,

or those who want to post a honest yet controversial opinion without backlash,

or simply for those who want that extra layer of anonymity...
    ...
    ...
    ... with all this talk about internet safety, it would be simply stupid for GaG to ignore the current climate of cyberspace and not allow that extra anonymity layer.

What Girls Said 1

• It could be for when some tell you that "nobody likes you" and makes you feel like complete shit and possibly cancel your acct. idk?

What Guys Said 4

• To ask personal and embarrassing questions you sincerely want to know. For example, maybe a girl want to ask a fetish question, but she wants to avoid creeps from messaging her who are into the same thing as she is. Perhaps she just wants to learn more about whatever fetish she has. Also, imagine how embarrassing or awkward it would be to have a friend or someone you know read about your question. Anonymity exists for such purpose. Unfortunately, anonymity privileges are abuse constantly by trolls and other idiots.

• yes , but can be anonymous even with what I let GAG see of me , no one knows if me is me , s maybe peope are afraid to be recognized? You make a good point , but I think its rare that people can participate forum anonymously , mind I haven't look , so I wouldn't really know if its rare.

• To protect the privacy of the user, their identity perhaps.

• It's more fun that way

• Here's a thought... to answer anonymously?