If I don't allow anonymous answers on a question, then I can't go anon later if I want?

Is there a way to allow anon answers on the question and then go anon?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, can't have your cake and eat it too. You have your choice, either go anonymous or block anonymous opinions not allowed to do both.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't press the "don't allow anonymous answers" box, post the question without being anon, then post an update on the question, but tick the box underneath which says "anonymous". This'll make your question go anonymous.

What Guys Said 4

• I do believe you can just uncheck it and go anonymous when you ask the question
    i saw it done with a few but not so sure it works all that good ,

• I think you can go anon - You just lift restriction on receiving anon answers and can't tag.

• You either go anonymous and open the can of worms that is anonymous posters or you can show your identity and prevent them from posting.

• How do I do that after I have posted a question?

• It happens before posting. There is a way to go anonymous after to do that click Questions and click on the chain next to your question of choice.

• Why don't u test it and find out...

What Girls Said 2

• No, there isn't. You only get one chance to make that choice, and that's when you're making the question. Once submitted, that's it. Also, it's not fair if you can go anon but everyone else has to show their face. Hypocritical, if you ask me. That's the reason why you can't go anonymous while not allowing anon opinions.

• Is there a way to allow anon answers on that question?

• It can only be done after 24 hours :(

• Oh okay. I guess you will have to wait then 😕

• No, unless you disavow the question.