Would upvoting a profile be a feature worth adding to GAG?

The same way you can upvote comments, you could do it to profiles.
Of course to deter trolls, you wouldn't be able to downvote and this would have no influence on any other GAG experience. It would just be there for the sake of it.

Good idea or no?

Just realized I should have included a poll...

Oh well.

Most Helpful Girl

• That would just foster the popularity contest that this site has become. Quality members who aren't well known aren't going to get the kind of positive up votes that very popular members are going to get.

Most Helpful Guy

• if i'm not wrong it used to xist , but they removed it.

anyway yeah i believe it should xist... but i believe it'd be even better if votes for each profile'd be resumed each month or every 3 months at least... people change u know (for xample i'm almost a totally different GAGer now than wot i used to be in April-May LOL)

such a feature's a very good thing, so we can see how much good/bad reputation each profile has!

also i believe MHO percentage should be calculated monthly, and not since u started yer account here... to make it more "realistic" u know...

What Girls Said 2

• I don't see the point really. I think people get enough votes elsewhere.

• A follow is sort of like an upvote

What Guys Said 6

• Worth having? Not really.
    Would it be sort of fun? Totally.

..
    ..
    Would it demotivate insecure people from
    posting their pictures? Probably.

• This is not a popularity contest dude and people would just be upvoting those who they think is/are attractive

• I've seen that feature somewhere on a site before, it didn't really do anything.

So I personally vote for no.

• Good idea and I think upvoting opinion comments is also a good idea.

• Nah I can imagine it turning into a circlejerk

• Nah... nothing worth having.