Is it *safe* to post pictures of yourself on here?

I've contemplated putting up a pic, so people kinda know who they're talking to but, I'm not sure if it's a stupid thing to do or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Putting up a picture will (according to what I've seen)...
    Pros:
    --Make some people act slightly friendlier or more personal to you. (There is more of a personal connection).
    --I feel like a picture also make people take your opinions a bit more seriously for whatever reason.
    --You can form a more personal connection with other people faster. It is kind of a start of a conversation.

Negatives:
    --More creeps. More creeps will see the photo and think "ooh girl. I better go try and quench my thirst." Granted, you can block people and better yet, report them, if they continually harass you.
    --A slight chance of stalking. I haven't encountered any stalkers yet (well at least that I know of 😅), but I know a couple of my GAG friends who have had some creep try and stalk on them. Like tracking down facebook, and creeping on them there. They can't really do much to you but it can creep some people out for sure.

ON THE WHOLE...
    It is really a judgement call. How creepy are creeps to you? Is a more personal connection more important to you then the chance of more creeps appearing (creeps will appear regardless tho of a pic or not)?
    ----------

Personally, I have a photo of myself because even if someone happens to find me on facebook, they can only do so much to me. Nothing stops complete strangers from going on my facebook and creeping on my profile anyway. I like the personal connection I feel a profile pic brings and frankly I didn't know what else to put as my profile pic haha.

• Really thought out... Thanks!!

• Actually, it was completely opposite in my case xD

• @Polswedgirl That is also true. Granted those people are usually already stalking you pretty hard, but that is something to be aware of.

@YourFutureEx Really? Huh, that's strange. I think I remember you mentioning something like this before awhile back but I don't really remember 😅

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• I'm just enjoying my guy privilege of being able to post all I want with no repercussions here.

But then again... hmmmm I wonder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0

• It's kinda safe, I mean, they can save it, but they can do that with Facebook too, so it's as safe as FB, or perhaps more safe.

• Just look into all the information that is embedded in pictures... then that will prevent you from sending them from someone via email. However if you post one on your profile it can be used to find your social media accounts, full name and other things depending on how savvy the person is with computers.

• I'll be honest with you.. some people on here
    can be a bit.. weird.. to people with pictures up.

But if you just post a normal picture
    and don't open any PM's from guys who
    seemingly just wants to "talk".

Then you should be fine.

• It's just as safe as any other website. What is there to fear? If someone is getting too frisky for your taste, that's what the block button is for! :-D

• 0|0
  • It is but it also isn't. The internet is never safe. I had mime on here for a while but it kinda covered my face. I never got pointed out. I just recently changed it because this picture of a cougar is so awesome!

• Your username is breathe me, why are you asking this? :o

• Haha what? What do you mean?

• Lol with a username like that I figured you wouldn't mind posting a pic here regardless of the safety of your picture.

• Of course it is silly

• Why is that 'of course'?

• You act like you have to jump in a jet to find someone there is a lot you can do with just a computer.

• That so silly No one from this site is going to drive or take a jet to find someone in some city. I have had haters play with my pic and at the end they have done nothing. I dont let anyone scare me where I have to hide my face on the net or in person

• Ma body is rdy 😘

• Yes it's stupid and only stupid people uses their faces as profile pics.

Cough*cough* >.>;

• What du you mean "safe". What are you afraid of?

• Yes, but just be careful of the creeps on here

• No, It's not safe , No one is truly safe on the internet.

• I commend you on your choice of pics

• Prepare for perverts.

• As long as you don't post your address or telephone number, it won't matter.

• It's no different to Facebook, insta, twitter

• As long as you don't mind your headshot being pasted onto hardcore porn...

• As long as it's appropriate, why would it matter?

What Girls Said 26

• Most people are harmless. Cool people. But there are some creeps who would message you. I mean, send you really perverted messages and they can steal your pics and post it as their own.

It happened to me, a weird stalker. Who stole my picture and posted it as his own profile pic.

• Dear god lol.

• Lol. Just change your privacy settings, if you ever decided to post your pic. Set your profile as private. There is alsi a "Allow messages only from people I follow" option given.

If anyone who made inappropriate comments, harass you... You should just block them and report them. Contact mods/ admins if it gets too much

• ... Well I've been doing it for some time now... lol

• And nothing too creepy lol?

• You'll always get weirdos fantasying and obsessing over how you look... Happens to every female on here LOL But I don't think anything bad will happen to your photos.

• I always do and I really don't care where they end up.

By the way, I like your username, I love that song, by Sia.

• Nope posting pictures of yourself on the internet isn't safe at all.

Creepers have many ways of doing creepy things with your pictures you post online.

• I personally don't because I think a lot of people (not all) are biased or won't take you as seriously if they knew how attractive or unattractive you are.

• i honestly dont see why not. millions of strangers see your face in the streets. whats the difference if they see it online?

• Hmm, well I think that just depends on what you think is worth it.

If you have a profile picture, people are more likely to open up to you. But you could also get really creepy messages. It annoyed me so I set my profile to private

I never use pictures that can be traced back to somewhere, but they can still just take your pictures.

• Imagine that someone that I know recognizes me!

xD I sure dont want that

I guess thats why I haven't posted my pic here yet.

GAG has too much revealing information for people that i know to read about!

That and the internet creeps

• It's safe but you will get like 100,000,000 private messages from most guys and about 50-300 guy following you. It's so annoying because you will have to block many every single day and it's not going to stop. Believe me i've done this before then I just decided to delete my personal pic and i choose to use normal photos on here to avoid talking to some creeps and they actually stopped. Unless this is what you want go ahead.

• It's never all-around safe to post your picture ANYWHERE on the internet - facebook included.

• @Prof_Don if I was paranoid, I wouldn't have a picture of me up on here, 300+ pictures of me on my facebook, a picture on my twitter or twitch channel, and nor would I have 100+ photos of my on my tumblr.

I'm just realistic.

• Yeah it can be abit risky but it won't get you killed so do what you please

• Yes it's okay but I found that people tend to be biased when a picture is involved.

• Meaning what?

• Well if your good looking your more likely to get more opinions from guys as well as perverted messages, if your chubby you'll likely get less opinions but an even gender ratio etc Don't take my word on it though it's just what I've observed.

• I guess that makes sense.

• Ahh I don't know but I always do lol

• It's as safe as posting a picture on any other website.

• Then you definitely shouldn't post a pic.

• it's safe to put your profile on gag as long as you don't give personalinformation out but if you find your getting weird messages from creeps or perverts then u could change your picture and ignore the people who give creepy weird messages

• A lot of people do it and I haven't heard of anyone getting chopped into little pieces yet.

• Exactly. Too many girls act like some dude is going to track them down and rape them, all by seeing their fucking PICTURE on a website!

• Nope save yourself the trouble

• I choose not to but feel free to. Beware of all the pervy messages you'll get though

• No it isn't because someone might steal your picture

• it's safe as any other website
    the only reason i don't is purely professional

• I have and I regret it bc guys save pics. So it's at your own risk

• I actually don't think you can remove anything unless you contact them, so unless you're 100% sure you want it up here, don't do it!

• I don't know

• It's up to you, keep in mind once you put it up it's forever and people can use the image if it isn't protected.

• Well if you're attractive than chances are the guys on here will save your photos, especially if you put up half naked ones.

• Lol. Why would anybody out up half naked photos on here?

• You've obviously never been in the How Do I Look section lol. The girls always put them up in that section.