Do you think I should leave GAG?

I feel like I try to ask good questions sometimes. I feel like I try to give good advice and make people happy. But lately some faceless Anonymous trolls have been saying that i'm too much of a kiss ass and care about being popular. I feel like GAG is a family to me. We're all a community of people who band together to help one another with dillemas no matter what our race, religion, age, sex, gender, ethnicty. Many people have left here that were great. Sometimes I feel like i should do the same. I speak my mind and I take nothing from noone. Sometimes I feel like this isn't the place for that. I really want to stay. If you feel like i should stay give me some good reasons why.

• No
  • Yes
Thanks everyone, I think i have decided to stay here. I was having doubts at first. Maybe I need to come up with new question ideas.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've told you once and I'll tell you again. Assholes are going to be everywhere in your life, for the rest of your life.
    You cannot let people control how you spend your time and live your life.
    Stay if you want to stay, leave if you want to leave. You shouldn't ask people if you should leave or stay on here, because a lot of people are going to lie in the polls to mess with you.
    You also are likely to get a lot rude comments on here. Especially if you had left the anonymous option open. They would have came in flooding.

Most Helpful Guy

• Faceless anonymous trolls are just that--- faceless anonymous trolls. Unfortunately, the internet is full of asshats like them. Don't let them phase you.
    Personally, I stay because I do like the community feel of GAG. It is like an international cult with the local village idiots (aka anon trolls) that you just have to ignore or roast on an open flame. Any personal connections, if you leave, may be lost over time since GAG is the main bond holding everyone together. Anon trolls may be the bad point of GAG, but think of all the good points. There are still good people, there are still good questions, there are still people desperately needing help, which is why I'll stay here until the end.
    We gotta get to Guru level together man! Don't quit me now! 😁

I would try taking a break first before you deactivate. You never know-- 2 weeks or whatever later you may miss GAG! If you deactivated you'll have to start it all from scratch. Boom.
    Then again, if you are looking for a fresh start because of trolls targeting you, you could always deactivate and start fresh. No one know is going to know your fresh account is so you'll be able to redevelop a rep for yourself. I have a generically positive impression of you tho-- I haven't seen you kissing ass or whatnot like you said..

• You're right I can't leave now. Assholes are everywhere and they are like opinions everyone has one. I can always retroll them

• Thanks for MHO

• You're welcome. At least me and donald trump have something in common. I may not be racist like him, but i speak my mind

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 7

• ... Faceless ANONYMOUS trolls...
    You just said a Mouthful, @smahala1991, and with this Being said, put this to bed and Listen to this wise ol owl who Knows a lot of Best from the Rest.
    You have to Expect, every once in awhile, to find a few who are Less to be desired. And without even knowing who is behind the mask when they may Answer and even Ask, maybe they should look to their own doorway before shoveling dirt into someone Else's path who Wants to Be Shown And Known on GAG.
    I have seen you around here, dear, for a few weeks now and I don't have a bad thing to say about you.
    I have been on GAG for way Over a year now, and every so often, I run across someone who wants to lock horns with me over Politics and Religion or even step on my Own territory in Answering in my comment box Instead of Going on their own turf and doing what all of us are doing.
    Don't let this little something and someone get you down and cause you to Deactivate. Many times many people may go off the spotlight for awhile but realize later that they made a huge Mistake and come back, maybe with even a new name and a fresh new Outlook that makes them Stronger than before.
    Keep going and flowing and state what you feel. We are ALL entitled to our own Opinions and I do not Dispute this. Last time I looked, Freedom of Speech was still part of this Constitution.
    Good luck. xx

• (claps slowly)

• I've probably asked more food questions than Paula Deen

• lol... I have answered a few girls with food for thought and a few guys. Anyways with That being said, put it to bed and don't let Anyone HERE make you ever feel like you are standing here with egg on your face.:)) xxoo

• Anonymous trolls really do ruin a good thing, don't they? The only way I could combat this, especially on this site which has poor security when it comes to blocking, is to simply not allow anonymous commenting on your questions or takes. Then when you go about the site on other's questions and takes, simply do *not* read anonymous comments.

At first I had this policy that if someone chose to go anonymous to protect their GaG identity knowing they would be discourteous, they would not even be given a chance. I wouldn't read their comment, much less respond. But that's when I thought, 'why am I even allowing them to comment?' My time on GaG became much more enjoyable when I simply checked off "Do not allow anonymous comments" on everything I did, and blocked those who interfered with my enjoyment of the site. And by blocking, I mean something stupid had to be said to me or someone else in order for me to make that decision. I have no time to waste on assholes, and I don't care if it's online or off. I'm too old for that stuff, and learned to tolerate a lot of it when I was younger, and now, I'm a lot happier and more calm knowing that as soon as someone shows signs of douchebaggery they're gone.

Now if only GaG would set something up where I not only blocked a user, but never saw one more comment from them again either (everything comment they make would be hidden from the site), and as for Anonymous cowards, if I block one, I would like the ability to block that person's entire profile so I don't have to ever see them as an Anonymous user or their actual profile. Reporting and blocking is also weak here. You should state a reason why someone is being reported so that better investigation can be done on that person.

Anyway, I know taking breaks are good, just to recharge your batteries, and you need to do what's best for you. I think a lot of people would like to see you stay though. :)

• No you shouldn't. Who cares what cowardly ass Anons say? I enjoy your questions and overall bubbly attitude. Don't let them run you off.

• If you're not enjoying it anymore, why would you stay?

I never let anonymous people comment on my questions, so if you want to avoid that you can always try that.

• This takes the cake an anon blocking anons from posting. I can't & won't tell you to stay or go because I don't know who you are. Sorry.

• If this is who I think it is you really shouldn't leave ;) and even if it's not you still shouldn't. Maybe taking a break will help? Those haters though... jerks

• Sure why not

Bye

What Guys Said 8

• So if people don't like you, you call them trolls? Look at how many of them voted yes, all trolls! Also GaG is just a bs forum, it's deluded to look at it like some family. Whoever said that to you I can see where they're coming from, ingratiating bonne amie is stupid and xper whoreish and a lot of people here are guilty of that. Having said that I don't think I've noticed you kissing ass except in your history where you asked one of those dreaded tag questions. haha

• That's for you to decide and figure out. Just ignore those idiot that may have been rude to you or have been nasty to you in the past. And if you're not enjoying Gag any more then maybe you should take a break and come back; many people has done this, I know I have.

• Get your fat ass outta here dude!! You are a waste of space on this site.
    Hey please don't be mad or sad i'm joking. Actually, i have no idea who you are because i'm new to this site and almost know no one. But lets spread love instead of hate. Kiss me bro. Now lets cuddle. I feel ya sniff :'( no homo.

• Don't Leaveeeeeeeee

• You can take a break for awhile like I did, I was gone a year

• This place ain't what it used to be

• Yeah but it's still someplace to get opinions at least and info , I don't take things to seriously so I just come on when I feel like it

• You're asking to have your ass kissed with this question. So xxxxx! My username rules!

• Nuuuu don't leave Mr Anon!

• Don't give up keep on gagging!

• Ok I now realise how wrong that sounds. We really need to be able to edit things we have posted.

• Exactly. We should start a campaign for them to pull theirs finger out and get it done

• Lets do that