Will GAG ever acknowledge transgender as another gender?

Like, include them in all of the categories where gender is included (from who you get your opinions; most helpful guy, girl and [insert most PC term]; top girl, guy and [...]; and etc)

Or will this change the very idea of girls ask guys where it's just not the same thing anymore? I see that GAG is trying to be very politically correct wherever it can be but will they take this step?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Transgender" and "cisgender" aren't actual gender types, if you wanted to add the PC stuff you'd have to add "genderqueer" instead. That contains all the weird stuff like "neutrois" (which I'm pretty sure someone made up in a French class, but whatever). and "agender" and "two-spirit" and "genderfluid" and blah blah blah.

I personally think `genderqueer` could make some people happy, but the proper easiest solution would just be to use your physical sex; and if you're intersex then just pick one side that you prefer.

What Girls Said 6

• Well, transgenders see themselves as male or female. Something like that would make them feel unacceppted and left ourt, like they can't consider themselves one or the other I believe. So that's totally pointless and stupid.

• I hope not.. that's just waste of time.. and it would be weird

• But trans men are men and trans women are women... Like... They're not a foreign species. If you want to add an inter-sex/gender-fluid/two-spirit designation that's a whole other issue.

• I thought transgenders see themselves as male or female and not as a third sex or have I got the meaning wrong..

• um no

There is no problem. If a guy who is physically a male but identifies as a female, they will sign up on here as a female, and vice versa

transgender isn't a gender, transgender could mean a male wanting to be a girl or a girl wanting to be a male, not just "transgender" its too vague

• Because it's not.

What Guys Said 6

• they aren't another gender and should just accept what they are or go see a psychiatrist and get their problem sorted out

a third gender doesn't exist, you are either a male or female

Political correctness is a joke, transgenders can go make their own site

• I kind of agree but I asked out of curiosity if any of the TG gagers would answer.

• yeah.. i am not against them.. i am okay with them.. i would not have any problem keeping one as a friend too.. but i do believe there is something wrong and they should seek for help.. they spend but load of money.. ruin their bodies.. and they still are NOT the other gender.. they cannot have working ovaries or a working penis.. so what's the point.. more like the dolphin thing you mentioned.. they just spend their life hanging between the two points.. and become a freak for others to look at. which is sad..

• @cinderelli i agree, i am not against them, i just am not accepting of them as being "normal" or "ok" cause they aren't and need help

• It's not a gender though, the men are still men and the women are still women, and it would defeat the whole point of the site in the first place. I see no point to acknowledge them.

Besides if you wanted to be politically correct you'd literally have to add every type of and I say this loosely gender regardless of how ridiculous it was and there are tons and tons of them.

There are only true genders Male and Female, leave it that way.

• I swear, if they made a "purple" gender
    I would switch immediately, even If I'm not fit for it.

#purpleislifepurpleislove

On topic, I think it would make it more
    difficult rather than not, if they did.

But I agree.. not many places
    acknowledge more than 2 genders.

• Maybe at some stage in the future but I don't think for a long time.

• I believe that the recognition of trans identity for a possible future.

You're right, this site is very friendly to us. Thank you GAG :) :) :)

• That won't work