Isn't it unfair for our privacy that whenever a user hover one's mouse over our username, they can see our xper points even if the profile is private?

If you open a private profile, you cannot see any information except Age, Gender, Avatar, Mood, Xper level, MHO count and percentage.

We cannot see the total xper count and it is good as someone can stalk us and conclude that we are still using the site by noting the increase in xper points day by day.

BUT!! If we hover our mouse on their username, we can see this in pop-up menu.

This should be hidden.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am always a big advocate for sites like this to incorporate better security. Here's another glitch/problem just like the one you mentioned:

Let's say I joined GaG and held off from asking questions. Finally when I do, I go anonymous and post a question asking for help because I enjoy giving goats blowjobs. Suddenly my Question count is 1, but no where can you see it on my profile because it was Anonymous. So if someone was REALLY stalking, they could tell that a mysterious question about goat blowjobs made by a woman between the age of 36-45 could have been me. (And no, don't bother doing a search for "goat blowjob questions".) The site should discount that question from my profile, letting the public think I've asked no questions at all if that was my only question ever.

There are so many things I wish GaG would tweak and give us more options to keep private. For example, have the option to show Questions or Opinion. Or have the option to show your feed publicly. Allow the person to upload more photos, and if they choose to keep them only visible to certain people, so be it. There should be "profile private" whereby your profile is hidden as much as possible, or you can somewhat hide it by allowing some people to follow to also have access to your profile.

This site did a favour in making sure people can't send private messages unless you're Xper 2 because they know there's a possibility of sock accounts and trolling, and people who could use that to harass someone. So if they're thinking ahead, why not even further. The security on this site is not that great, I'm afraid. I have no ability to stop notifications, or block profiles to the point of blocking any comment I ever see from someone again. I caught one girl on here who I've blocked insulting me in a topic and though she was blocked I could still read it. It got removed (and no, not because I reported it because I actually didn't know you could if people talk about specific GaG members negatively) but the point is I saw it and I shouldn't have to be put in a position to read any nonsense from any user I've blocked. They were blocked for a reason. I should have some comfort to know that the person no longer even exists as far as I'm concerned. Eventually, if the person gets blocked by enough people, they will have realized that acting like an ass has consequences because eventually no one will be able to even see what they say to get responses, and the site will become boring and want to leave

• I think the count problem you mentioned has been solved in the last update. I disavowed something and it was reduced from my profile which wasn't possible before so, it'd be better if you could check it again :)

I support you for notifications. They're annoying sometimes. :/

And about blocking, it's necessary because they'd talk negatively behind your back and it might seem true so other people won't report it but as you are the part of it so you know the story and hence it'd be good for you to read and report it :)

• Don't they read this stuff? 😏 I hate bugging them, and don't want them to think I'm trying to tell them how to run their site. Sometimes I think they have it a certain way for reasons that make sense to them.

• No, they don't (regularly). They used to, till the end of 2014. The admins aren't that active anymore or they stopped connecting with the users. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah that's a problem that needs to be fix. Being anonymous shouldn't give "hints" about who it can possibly be.

What Girls Said 7

• I voted for C. <3

No, but if it is a bug/glitch then it would be nice to be addressed and fixed. If some want to completely hide everything, then that's fine. If not that is okay too since it's their choice.

• I don't see a problem with it.

• I'm all for letting people make as many things private on their profile as their little heart's desire. Especially considering some of the wackos on this site and their issues with boundaries.

• I think if their profile is private that the user wants it that way for a reason and yes, it should be hidden. I do not have a private profile, so it does not bother me personally, but I can definitely see why people would have an issue with this.

• Personally I don't see the issue.

• It was like this for awhile now and I don't see anything wrong...

• You sure like to find strange things to complain about...

What Guys Said 10

• I think it's a nice feature not having to open someone's profile to check something basic about them. It's a kind of introduction for those who'd be curious about a particular asker or answerer.

If an GAGer doesn't want their details shown they may as well use the 'private profile' option that's provided :)

• I never even thought about that. I cannot imagine who has that kind of free time on their hands.

I see no problem with showing off the XPER count of people even with a private profile. If someone is so hopelessly unable to do anything else with their lives than watch paint dry or watch someone else's XPER count grow, then whatever.

Seriously. I don't think anyone even does this. And if your profile is private to them, then it is irrelevant.

• Why do you think that they hid it from the profiles then?

• Oh. Apparently it is hidden, all you see is

Most Helpful
      2,522 out of 15,294
      16%

XPER LEVEL: GURU

Hmm... well then.

• Why is knowing someone Xper total an issue?

• Does anyone even care about their exp points anyway?

• My user name already provides anonymity. I don't troll, so I have no use for the anonymous feature. I think it's a stupid feature that is abused far beyond any justification for its questionable usefulness.

• does it matter? it isn't like those points meaning anything

• People could note that the person comes online by observing a change in xper which is not good for privacy. They hid it from the profiles but they forgot it from pop up menu.

• are you afraid someone is going to stalk you by following you points?

• 0|0
  • It just helps us determine if you are on the GaG payroll or when you will get banned if you are a normal person.

• The last option is just wrong xD

• C has more votes than A hahaha