Can't people just be happy and pleased for what they have?

I ALWAYS see girls see look she got an awesome butt I wish I had one like her , ooh look at that boobs she is soo lucky
And for men , wow look at his girlfriend she is hot , god do u know how much salary he takes , almost everyone wish what they can't have , and in fact people don't appreciate things they have until it's lost

Most Helpful Girl

• I 100 percent agree with you. I would much rather have a boyfriend with a few flaws who is kind, loving and funny than keep looking for the next best thing.

in my opinion if you are always on the lookout for something better, you will find yourself left with nothing.

It breaks my heart when i see this happening because its happened to me so many times! I'll be with a guy, and then he sees another girl who is prettier than me or richer than me so he leaves me or starts to focus solely on my flaws because he thinks he's getting a bad deal when he has me. Even though I'm really nice and treat him real good. Cooking dinners, driving him places and even paying for dates, and most of all giving him love. Not saying the girl won't. But why leave when he's already getting that? He has no idea if the new girl is going to even care if he exists. It just makes no sense to me. Seems silly to risk everything over the possibilities that are out there. The only time I can understand it is if the situation is really bad and the person is unhappy.

Everyone has flaws. If you want a relationship to last, then you must be willing to over look them. Personally I find flaws endearing. As long as it's not something serious like cheating or abuse.

If a guy is a bit bigger, that's okay. As long as he has a loving heart and treats me right I will be happy with him. Unfortunately it's hard to find that now a days. Most people are so enamored with finding new and 'shinier' things to play with that they forget about what really matters in the end.

Beauty fades and money can be lost quickly. It's much better to have someone in your life who can weather the storm, than someone who jumps ship at the first wave.

A girl with bigger breasts, or nicer hair is not really going to matter much if your life is falling apart and you are looking to her and she can't be there for you and is instead looking for someone new who is easier and isn't going through a hard time. Not saying you can't have both, but I think so many people are always just on the lookout for what seems better, they forget about building a good foundation first.

What Girls Said 7

• People will always want something they don't have. They have this mindset if they get this something (bigger butt, a promotion etc) they'll be happy. But it's not true- once they get what they want they'll get a new want and they'll end up in an endless cycle of misery.

• There's human being mate. We are always wanting stuffs that we couldn't have. Actually, it's not that we don't appreciate things that we have until it's lost, it's because we never thought that it will be gone someday. People take things for granted.

• People are just never satisfied with what they have. Period

• Ikr?
    I find it amusing. :)

• I'm perfectly happy with the way I look.

• I appreciate what I have so I guess I'm not normal. .. LOL

• greed, human nature, the grass is always greener on the other side... etc

the thing is we are equal in different things,
    like rich but not happy
    and poor with a fulfilling life
    ^equality
    but the poor wants the money with the fulfilling life
    and the rich wants the good life with the money

What Guys Said 12

• Well, because it connected to satisfaction and satisfaction is a personal feeling, everyone has a different satisfaction limit, some people are happy with what they have but some people will never be happy no matter what they may have.

• I guess it is human nature. And that is where religion plays its role by showing us the example of Prophet Joseph. How Zuleikha was head over heels in lust for him.
    If this had ended I think the world would have been a lot peaceful place than it is now.

• Good point - I think some people always want more and think other people have it - Funny thing that person is probably saying something about them

• I think 99% of people aren't happy with something in their life, it's perfectly normal as well. Although not being happy with your body even tho you have an amazing body is bad, it can lead to many bad things. Eva Marie (Google) is beautiful and had an amazing body but if you ask her in person she'll tell you that she feel fat and gross

• No people are never happy with what they have, they always want more more
    i agree be happy with what you have cause there is less fortunate people
    have it worst off.

• This is so obvious that you should be promoted to captain.

• i think it´s an automatism built into us humans. we need to strive for the next better thing or else we loose our "purpose".

• Too much competition. Culture has taught us to try to be like celebrities or what we see on tv, so people tend to copy it. Also, people by nature want to try to one up another by getting the newest things

• Well, Western nations are capitalistic societies, and capitalism is based on competition

• Isn't this what Thanksgiving is for?

• No one is truly happy, Unless they get what they want !

• Because as humans we find it easier it be negative and critical of our lives, than being optimistic.