Why did I get downvoted by GIRLS for saying this?

In response to "Casual sex is just like Casual hugs" or something like that (it was a myTake), I agreed with the myTake and followed up with, "Even if a girl had infinity sexual partners, I'd still be open to dating her."

Now recently I've become aware of some of the damaging effects of promiscuity from both genders, so I am starting to question this.

Regardless, what baffles me, is why did I have GIRLS downvoting me (it was one upvote from a girl, and then three girls and one guy that downvoted me) for this opinion?

I thought girls hated being slutshamed and instead would be happy to hear that a guy wouldn't hold their sexual history against them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it was that.
    I think that they just downvoted it because you agreed with the take owner.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that the way you presented your point inserted a bit much hyperbole. The downvoters might not have thought you were serious. Basically, your reference to infinity suggests the possibility that your claim was not intended to be interpreted at face value, but was really intended as "tongue in cheek". In that circumstance, the infinity reference would be seen as mocking.

Additionally, there is another possibility, not all girls (or guys for that matter) are interested in amassing a large number. To the extent that your statement pressures others to follow the crowd instead of acting as they would desire for themselves, your statement is unwelcome.

The thing to understand is that about half of both guys and girls reject casual sex for their own reasons. The rest embrace casual sex, also for their own reasons. This is the natural way of things. Recognising that people are naturally grouped this way is essential.

What Girls Said 1

• Who cares. They're just downvotes, they don't mean anything. Give me a million downvotes and I still won't have one single fuq to give :)

What Guys Said 7

• I honestly don't pay attention to up or down votes - You won't understand them unless they explain itcin a comment on your opinion

• These girls are the ones who feel superior to the "sluts" who are "morally questionable in their behavior" and have turned away from God and aren't nice girls and whatever other things they think to justify their partly antisexual behavior.

• Add up the total amount of people that disagreed with you and compare it to the entire population of girls on G@G.

• At GAG you get downvoted for being a straight white cis gendered male.

• If I don't get downvoted by at least 1 girl on every opinion, something has gone horribly wrong.

• lol I am not white though. I am actually of Indian descent.

• But most people here don't know that.

• Let me tell you something, girls dont know what they want. And when thy do, it changes quickly.

• Those are the girls who have avoided enjoying themselves so they aren't seen as 'sluts', your comment annoys them because it means they've done it for nothing.

• Lol, you don't understand women :)

Girls DO hate being slut shamed. But they LOVE using it as a weapon... because it works.

Here's reality: everything boils down to fucking. Why? Because it's all about passing YOUR genes into the next generation. Slut shaming is an effective tactic to lower the sexual value of another woman in the eyes of a man... so by eliminating competition, the abuser's chances of fucking go up, the abused, down.

It's a way of saying "That SLUT will Fuck other men behind your back, and the baby won't be yours and your genes won't pass into the next generation... you can't trust a SLUT... But you can trust me because I'm A GOOD GIRL, A VIRGIN, NOT A SLUT... So fucking me instead will ensure your genes pass on into the next generation."

For that fundamental, subconscious reason, slut shaming isn't going anywhere.

So, women don't like slut shaming... because it IS effective and they're afraid of it being used on them... But if they can get away with using it themselves, especially if a girl is openly promiscuous and "asking" for it... you can be Damn assured they'll be okay with it.