Why would people block you if you hadn't even done anything bad or considered offensive?

Try tagging people who you think (or know) blocked you.

I know of two or three people who blocked me... But why? ._. Is it just out of hate?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cause they don't agree with your opinion and they're not mature enough to accept the fact that people may disagree with them, so they block you.

It's funny how @Esplorare says she doesn't care, but she blocked me months ago because I disagreed with her hahah Anyways... xD
    I've been blocked by many people, and it's always due to a disagreement. I haven't blocked anyone though.

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure I haven't blocked anyone either because of shallow disagreements.

That's just._. Dumb.

@abundantlyrich

• Thanks for the MHO ;)

• Anytime Ale

Most Helpful Girl

• I can only think of one person who has blocked me, and it's because I blocked him first. He was becoming too creepy and wouldn't leave me alone. In that case, I was blocked just to reciprocate the action.

However, it seems many people block others because they disagree with something someone has posted, whether it's a valid reason or not. Users get blocked for having different political and religious views often. Anything dealing with differing opinions is a huge factor really.

• I strongly agree with you... haha

And yes I've blocked a few creepy people on here :(

• I understand. I would've done the same in that case

• @Asker Oh, and thank you for MHO! :)

@CountVronsky Yeah, I felt bad doing so, but he had been warned multiple times and kept bringing up certain topics. It was just too much at that point. Thankfully, he's the only one that I had to do that to.

What Guys Said 8

• Who knows, I have had people do that. I just block them back and then just think "Meh well that is unfair and then think who cares". I have also had some girls on here post mean things on my questions and then block me before I can even reply.

• I don't think I was blocked yet. But if someone blocks me for no reason, this person won't be worth my attention.

• I don't think I am blocked by anyone - Maybe a case of revenge blocking, I have blocked about 30

• You're always very helpful and bring good vibes so I highly doubt it :)

• I don't know who has blocked me, nor do I care. I don't block anyone (or at least, no one has given me a reason to).

• Haters gonna hate

• Because some people may not agree with my opinions especially that I don't believe in conspiracy theories like some of the people on here.

• It's because you are an underage girl. And some guys who aren't underage are insecure about that.

• Insecure about what?

• 👍👍👍

• @Zigzagz Don't talk shit about me, make up false mess, and try to tell this little girl that I'm jealous of her.
      This child came to me with drama because I gave her a reality check that it appears there's a good reason whoever blocked her didn't want to hear her mouth

• don't know if you've ever blocked someone without any reason? then you may know

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know. I don't care. I enjoy coming here to help people with problems that are heavy on their minds. The way I see it: when someone blocks me, they are blocking themselves from my ability to patiently work through issues with them and help them come to positive solutions.

• Spot on @Esplorare
      People don't like what they hear, so they block you, makes no sense

• @Asker For future reference, you are getting blocked because I find your overall personality and presence to be HIGHLY insufferable. It's not because you have such amazing, unbeatable debating skills. It's because am not your mother, I am not your big sister, I am not your friend, and I am not your school counselor therefore I don't have to put up with your sh*t. You are a 15 year old little girl, barely out of puberty, attempting to tell a 22 year old woman to live up to your standards after YOU started drama. It's no wonder you were blocked leading to this question in the first place. No one wants to deal with your adolescent, highschool BS.

• @Asker You're the type of child that makes grown folk in GAG not want little kids running around here, yapping off at the mouth, and reminding us why it feels so amazing to be out of high school.

• I've been blocked by a few gagers. One because I'm a Chinese (well most of my ancestries are Chinese/Taiwanese), one because I'm a Catholic. I don't really care tho, whatever floats their goat.

• That's so low :/ but yeah, people can do whatever they want.

• @Asker You sound like such a little girl. You are the one who chose to follow me around like a puppy and whine about what I said TO OTHER PEOPLE, as in NOT ADDRESSING YOU/NOT INCLUDING YOU. You chose to insert yourself into dialogues where you were not invited then complained about what I have to say. You're a pubescent adolescent who can't even converse with me about a college course, sit down and have a drink with me, or have a legitimate woman-to-woman talk so humbly accept that I could care less about living up to a 15 year old's standards. Jeeezus. Now wonder she blocked you.

• @mskay sorry for the excessive posts on your answer

• I have no idea, i've had two block me from when I started the site pretty much, never said a single word to either of them. I think they like being the only ones who use the site or only want to see people's opinions if they agree with them, fear of others who aren't like you must be a horrible way to go through life lol

• Hate too, yep. I've been blocked for just being an atheist. Whatever floats their boat, I guess.
    I only block people if they're persistent.

• For being an atheist? @Kay211 wtf?
      I am Catholic, but that would make me lose any sleep at night, that's hilarious

• I've been blocked for being a Catholic lol people are just so weird :/

• @Kay211 it's nice that we could have a disagreement and come to a resolution without another being blocked.

• I think I came across one person who had blocked me.
    @editor I think.
    I have no idea why though lol.

• Weird huh... I knew this one girl blocked me because I was gonna reply to her opinion and a red flag thing popped up saying I was blocked.

• I do it either because I get a kick out of it, or because their pov is annoying and I don't want them talking to me, ever. @Esplorare how you argued with the guy mho was honestly awesome.

• Tehehe thanks :) I don't appreciate grown men who reduce themselves to the catty nature of a 16 year old while attempting to assassinate MY character. The irony!

• Lol going anon means you don't wanna hurt your rep 😂

• @Asker no, if I'm Anon then all the blocked people can answer.

• I don't know if people block me./... and i dont give not even one percent..
    i am not here to make friends with no one... so if someone blocks me :D yay good for you.. since i dont even want to talk to you... so you are doing me a favor :p

• riiiiight! I don't know why people get so offended. The only stranger I care about blocking me would be Bruno Mars. <3

• Preeeeachhh! lol!

Sometimes it's not so simple as what one says but the overall experience and the fact that their mouth and presence leads to no advancement on any level.

• Considering that our time alive on this Earth is limited therefore so precious and divine, I don't think we should waste it on unsavory presences who make more mental and emotional withdrawals than deposits.