So who taught you how to drive?

I taught myself how to drive since my mom said she would suck at teaching me (she's been driving for more than 30 years). I know, doesn't make sense but sh*t happens lol. So who was the one who first taught you how to drive and how was the experience? And how old were you when you first started? I was 18 and yea I know, so don't roast me about it :P Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 7 when my dad taught me how to drive. I'm a fast learner so I picked up everything fast & easy. It was a fun experience & I loved driving. When I was 15 I took a drivers Ed class & my teacher would usually make me drive because he only trusted my driving skills. He taught me how to do more advanced things like parallel parking, 3 point turns, quick stops & stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• I learned from my uncle at age 16 during the summer he took the fear from driving after making me drive into Chinatown which is the most crowded place lol I hated it but I finally learned and able to control my nerves behind the wheel

What Girls Said 9

• The driving school instructor.

And my mom. My dad was the one who was always freaking out and slamming his foot on the floor and holding on for dear life... even though we literally were the only car on the road and the stop sign was 50 yards ahead and we were going a grand total of 15 mph.

My mom was way more chill. Once I made a bad turn on a weird intersection (8 streets intersected) and we ended up going on the wrong side of the road and she was like, "So this is fun. You chose an interesting side of the road to drive on. What happens if other cars disagree with your choice?"

I was 14 when I started learning. Got my license and first vehicle when I turned 16 and I've been driving my truck ever since :p And always on the correct side of the road :p

• I just recently learned in a way.
    I used to practice with my friend's golf cart and always did a good job but i've noticed that other cars are much different, so i've learned to drive recently, but i'm still kind of learning.
    In a few months I get my driver's permit hopefully! Wish me luck :)

• My parents. They let me practice driving in their cars, and then I went to a driving school when I was 15 (only took 3 days, opposed to the one at the high school). They were pretty cool about it, and I did well. :)

Side note - I was driving go karts around age 11, so I had a good grasp on certain controls and steering.

• My mom and dad both took turns with teaching me how to drive. My mom was more fun to drive with and was always making jokes. My dad was more technical, showing exactly where things should be or how things should be done. Having both of them was helpful.

• The driving nstructor from the driving centre which I registered. Back in my country, you can't drive without license, so obviously I never had the chance to learn from anyone.

• Mom would get paranoid when I'd be behind the wheel
    Dad taught me

• i was 18

my mom bought me driving lessons. so my first lesson was with an instructor who had me drive to this peacock range so she can pick a feather, lol

after that it was mostly i had lessons with my dad using a '93 camry.

• I was gonna buy driving lessons but that was just way too expensive so I just went solo :D

• My mom is teaching me how to drive, it's getting easier :)

• Hmm.. Nobody.
    Haven't learned yet.

What Guys Said 8

• My dad taught me to drive but I never got my license just never got around to it - If you live in a city with good public transport it is not a huge issue.

• An uncle gave me the keys to his old Suzuki and let me drive around in an abandoned parking lot untill I get the hang of driving.
    I'd say I was a skilled driver, I've raced in the past too.

All I need now is to take my test, I hope I pass it third time!

• Goodluck bro. I still ain't got my license yet so I drive on the low lol. But I'm getting it next week.

• You too man! But after passing I'm going to have to save up for a decent car!

• First my friends, second my driving instructor.

• Either Need for Speed or GTA ... can't choose though.

• The dmv booklet taught me and I got a few tips from family. But it was mostly me learning on my own.

• myself basically

• my dad when i was 16 he started with black hair and now he has the salt and pepper going on :P

• The Police, when shit hits the fan you either learn fast or start running and I don't fancy my chances against K-9s