Guys... I'm getting a notification... AND IT WON'T GO AWAY?

If you are like me, seeing a notifcation flag is equivalent to Bubbles finding bubbles in Finding Nemo. You see them. You grab them. You like them. And then you want them to go away.

Guys... I'm getting a notification... AND IT WON'T GO AWAY!?

However, I seem to have a notification flag, and it doesn't show any notification or where it came from. It just is... there. It's bothering the heck outta me. It says I got mentioned somewhere too but I don't where 😭

Has anyone had this problem and solved it before? Any help is much appreciated getting me through this troubled time. My poor soul can only take so much of that cursed golden 1 mocking me.

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG BUBBLES!

i've had this issue before but it hasn't happened in awhile. probably a glitch

OR

the person who mentioned u is a ghost. sorry.

• Welllll crap. I may have a troll ghost haunting me. D:

• Haha no prob Big G.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry, it'll go away itself. G@G used to look like different then it is now. When GAG updated its look, this problem started occurring. It use to happen a lot here. You'll have to deal with it. It shows a mention in my case too. I checked all of my mentions and I realised that I was mentioned in a question update and I was never notified. I checked it and went back but it didn't go away. I think the bug is that whenever someone mentions you, the system fails to show you where and even if it was seen, it cannot mark it as read. So all you can do is to wait :)

Good luck :)

What Girls Said 7

• It's happened also after someone comments on your post or you're mentioned and the comment or topic gets removed.

• Yes, they are like bubbles to me, too! Maybe if you get a certain amount, there's a glitch on the site? I usually don't get that many notifications, the most was 26 one night and I think I responded to them all... I think. So I'm not sure if it's just a random thing or what. :/

• yes it happened to me yesterday..

• OMG PANIC! D:

• I've had it all day :/

• It has happened to me, you aren't the only one :P

• Oh god, it's happening to me too.
    MAKE IT STOP.
    IT'S KILLING ME. ;-;

What Guys Said 6

• I had that for a while once it is just a glitch, it will go away of its own accord.

• I had one a few minutes ago, I don't know what happened, but i signed out and back in and it was still there. after 10 minutes it went away

• Lol you got a ghost notification it will go away eventually can't say when exactly.

• Happened to me yesterday.
    Go to the "mentions" section in your profile , click on that bitch , go back to the home page and it should be gone.

• Whenever someone mentions me its not showing up in my notifications

• Refresh the page.
    Always works for me