What is it about GAG that made you "stay"?

Is it the people? The perverted men? The need to genuinely help people? The nudes from time to time? The stupid comment debates? Great questions from time to time? A certain someone? A friend? Nothing better to do? THE AMAZON GIFTCARD? are you just here to troll -.-

what's your reason for being on this site?

Most Helpful Guy

• "THE AMAZON GIFTCARD? "
    "are you just here to troll -.-"

^if someone's here for one of these 2 reasons (or even worse both) solely then he/she deserves NO respect here. period. hope not many GAGers do this, and if they do admins should be informed and kick 'em out.

trollin's a big "NO" no matter wot... and amazon cards should be given to ONLY those who r being helpful and productive here... not those who post 3-worded answers anonymously (they don't wanna ruin their username's reputation... WTF, like we don't know who r they LOL) in order to reach da rewards quickly.

"what's your reason for being on this site?"

^as for this question... many reasons... first of all i started to hate every other forum i've been a member... xept only a few xeptions... but those xeptions r dead sites now, so GAG's my only option.

also i like GAG's mechanics and i like this MHO percentage thing (ya i'm tryin to bring it up to 30% at least... so i'm takin a risk in yer question now ;p but anyway i wanted to state my opinion, so i'm takin my chances : ) also i like being mod here and hope one day i'll climb mod's ladder and years later be an admin.. y not? (ok i know chances for this to happen r minimum... but... just hopin!)

and i wanna be an editor as well... i try to write good takes lately...

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• I disagree with you here klaatu, to one's his own , no one should be stopped from doing anything as long it's not hurting anyone.
      How bad can be the people after gift cards, the hell, if they were giving out Ultimate game cards, I would be overtaking your points in 3 days. ( Well, that was a bit too much , but meh.)
      Another thing, everyone trolls in some way or the other, consciously or subconsciously, and it's great in cases when we just need to laugh out loud on the stupidity of anonymous people on internet. As I said before, as long as it isn't hurting anyone, for a good laugh , it's good.

• Debating with people. You touched their nerve.

• @yourfutureex just wanted to be honest about wot i believe about those people who r being here for trollin or being here for those rewards :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely the people, I've made so many amazing friends on here, then there's of course a certain someone who's special af and gives me a lot of happiness and I adore talking to him and I don't know what I'd do without him, it would be so weird and different if I hadn't met him 😳😛 I can always come on GAG and have funny conversations with the awesome people of GAG, usually lifts my mood, the people here are truly super cool. I have more friends on here than I ever will in real life, and I'm totally okay with it.

Then also the fact that I don't really have a life, so I can just come here when I have nothing better to do. When I'm really bored, GAG usually makes me less bored. And I don't even feel like I'm wasting my time, I really like this place.

I also like answering questions. I don't know, there's something addicting about it. It also warms my heart that I can sometimes actually help people with my advice. It's a great feeling.

So yeah, there are quite a few reasons that make me stay, but the main one is definitely the people, this amazing community. I love it.

What Guys Said 30

• I have two reasons why I stay.
    1.) I like giving advice. I really do like to try and genuinely help people when I can. I don't really understand why, I just do. I was on Yahoo Answers before I came to this site and I often was in the relationship section of it. However, the system made it difficult to help people since you don't get an age, comment system (or at least one that notifies you when a comment is made), and there is no personal feel to it to connect with the advice giver.

2.) I love the GAG community. I've made some GAG friends on here that are pretty cool people I would want to stay in contact with regardless of what happens. There is a cool community feel that yahoo answers didn't give. On YA! no one had a real profile pic, almost everyone was a point hunter or gave half-sentence advice, half of the questions went unanswered, and everyone was in their own separate bubble. The people on here are super legit (you know who you are! :D) and keep me interested day in and day out.

Tl;Dr; Why do I stay? Because GAG is just too full of cool cats 😎

• Chuckle,I never accept or send nudes... and we guys don't get pressured by perverts much.

I like mostly hearing from people in other countries talk about personal relationships. Naturally, you don't usually get to do that when travelling to those places.

• Psychology, human behaviorism
    and relationships, has always been
    interesting to me/hobbies of mine.

Also, you get to meet great people
    who're surprisingly similar in their ways
    of thinking, than one would believe.

I love turning frowns upside down
    Aiding people, in their time of strife.

Remove their funeral gown
    Eventually, revert, their spite.

I've gone through my own troubles
    I know what it's like.

Situations, where people squabble
    I'll guide them, to turn out alright. ^.^

• I think it's the comment debates. That, and with some people, you can end up having interesting conversations.

• It's knowing you are helping someone that really appreciates it. The people come and go, sometimes even seasonally when winter comes and they spend more time inside and at their computer or phone, or summer when school is on break. The site's changes have put away with many helping hands with all the nonsense but at least it's fundamental purpose is still in tact.

• Because GAG is a web , I got caught, stick with it. Then trapped in a nightmare, I saw a lot of Spider man and spider woman post weird questions everyday. And they never get tired. But I just can't Escape from this web. So decided to stay and help those little spiders, Then let them know how crazy and helpless they are. 😏

GAG is a big black hole , When star lord travel to the internet, The GAG gravity is too large, Give me a huge hug, Even hold me tight. Then GAG have a super hero now , The Amazing Star Lord. That's he stay on GAG for protect those fragile Innocent GAGers.😉

• I never leave a site once I actually become part of it, that and the people I talk to and they know who they are, help.

• The nudes? Hahahaha

I just like answering questions, know what's in people's minds, there are many people here who I like talking to... I'm entertained, so as long as that keeps going on, I'm staying.

• I suppose it is the GaG community that makes me stay.

• Combination of trolling and giftcards. But my time on GaG is on a countdown and I'll be out of here sooner rather than later

• @BelleGirl21 That is adorable. You went for the whole thing and not just a compromise lol

• I don't compromise silly. 💚Not when a good friend is at stake!

• I have no fucking clue. I hate this site and the site hates me.

• The amazon gift card. But now, I'm about to get it and I'll probs just stay to ask and answer interesting questions. Or maybe save up points for another git card.

• how long did it take you? ._. I was steady workin on it but like i quit for a few months..

• I just said that._.

• @asker sorry i just had da impression it was an ironic comment towards me... wrong :/

• The people, the atmosphere, the questions, just here pretty much to kill time except if i'm not having to do stuff for my sisters and brother.

• In the beginning it was @TheNewClassic that kept me here then she left and I took a mini break. When I came back it was @JackKerouac77 and @teawrecks that made me stay until the inevitable happened. @JackKerouac77 decided his time was done. It broke my heart and I took a break once again.
    Whats keeping me here now? ...

@XNicholeMariex3 hiiiii

• I give the ladies around me advice about guys in real life, so why not do it digitally?

• I stay for my boys, and my hunnies. Im also am an important member of the nigglet cartel on GaG

• To troll humanity. I really hate this site. Everything in this site is a lie. I'm the only truthful guy on this site.

• I hope that every so often I can actually help someone. thats why I stay.

• not gunna lie I got nothing better to do

already did all my goddamn homework

• Hahaha yay! Unlike you, I'm trying to escape it :( not for long tho...

• reddit and 4chan got a little to weird for me

• The sense of community here is what made me stay on GaG for 5.5 years and counting!

• Other sites are so transient and "hit-and-run"

This site has a chat-room type of feel from the early 2000s, but more intimate. People here exchange real-life contact info here!

There is reason why I call GaG an "internet town"

• Back when this site had live chat (as in a chat bar at the bottom of the page with live IMs, and a matching website to chat off of GaG using GaG contacts ), this site was way more addictive!

The only reason GaG doesn't have it anymore is because Meebo, the hosting company, was bought out by Google and Google ended the project.

Although chat isn't live, people supplement that by using apps like Whatsapp and kik.

Even now, people exchange Skype / Hangouts to video chat, and exchange phone numbers and text / call each other. The community aspect is still here!

• I've only had a more personal relationship with one person in this site. :/ didn't end well in my opinion

• The actual reason I love GAG is that everyone has their own position, level and experience... Tere are many things to become like Moderator... and one can earn xper points of what he/she does...

• I came here to read funny/silly things and laugh

• Gag reminds me of how fucked up everyone else is and how I'm comparatively more level-headed.

• My friends in here , and it also enlarge my knowledge about somethings like the western society what they consider wrong and good , and I git really really cool fridnds here whom I trust with my life

• Me being a dick from time to time, the trolls and the weirdos lol <3

• A certain sumone @joahz10nt 😉

• ;) 😊😇😳

• @joahz10nt see im what ur looken for right? Than so be it 😚 ma heart start beating fast 😷💘

• People actually respond to the stuff I post unlike Facebook

• I really just come by on and off, whenever I'm bored.
    It provides some useful, and granted - sometimes hilarious, insights to how both males and females think.

• That's how I am :) i'm just too busy in certain chunks of the year

• The force of habit. There's no worthwhile reason to stay.

What Girls Said 17

• THE PERVERTED MEN 😂😂😂😂😂

i just like the community feel. it's unlike anything i've experienced online. i genuinely feel like i know everyone here even though i dont. and i genuinely feel like people here care.

sure, i got haters, but it's no different to real life. just the unity is what keeps me here, as well as the great characters i come across.

• Just when I'm about to log off or leave, someone posts something to make my notification bubble catch my attention so I look at it, then respond, and run in my GaG hamster wheel for a good long while until it dies down.

But I also love writing, and the myTakes feature allows me to do this. I also love helping people so when I see my feed and a question catches my attention and I think I can benefit then I'll answer.

And yes, if I'm getting to the point where I am close to accumulating enough points for a gift card, I'll pump out a bit more to reach that mark, then I seem to just do it all over again just because it's a bit addicting.

But I do have to log from the site next week for a while, and for how long isn't known. I was supposed to leave about a week ago but plans got delayed. So my GaG addiction will have to be cut like cold turkey I'm afraid. :/

• How does the giftcard thing really work? Do they actually mail you a card or is it just "here's a code, pray that it works" ?

• @Toad-1 Thanks Toad, I received a message in July and now again in August that I was the top Editor for each of those calendar months. I love doing it. :)

• Cool :D thanks

• It's definitely the people, no doubt. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have created this second account, and I would've deactivated this account long ago.

The people I've met here are amazing, and some of them that I love talking to. And there's this one or two people that I swear I could talk to forever! They never fail to lift my mood up and make me feel better after a rough day I've been through. It's amazing, because they're like my close friends, only that we've never met. It's like we're long lost buddies or wtv and that we know each other really well when in fact we just gotten to know each other a few hours/days ago.

• My answer is literally what my "About Me" says on my profile so here it is again:

I guess I'll state my purpose for being on this site. I was originally here as a joke. I was merely bored and wanted to see all the ridiculous and troll questions people asked here. Then I came across a question from a guy who didn't know how to deal with his girlfriend cheating on him. His story, his despair brushed up against my heart (no easy feat) and I felt for him. I gave him my advice. He said he disagreed. I talked to him all day until I convinced him that it was literally not the end of the world. His gratitude... I could feel it beaming through my monitor. It made knew wonder: there must be more people like him in need of a helping hand, or maybe just someone to shut the fuck up and just LISTEN to their woes. I want to be one of those people. Recently my best friend heard of me having to deal with an asshole on this site and he questioned my presence here. He felt that it would cause too much stress with my upcoming situation (looking for a job and possibly taking on 18 credits this semester). I admitted it was not entirely selfless. Although in the long run, it is. I am majoring in Social Work. One day I wish to open my own practice and become a therapist. So... This site prepares me. It helps me learn to not be too blunt, too soft, how to deal with negative auras, and finally, how to not be so brokenhearted when I simply cannot help someone. I am also here to hopefully help some people consider being more open-minded and less judgmental. Thankfully, I have seen success with both efforts.

• i love trolling and over here i can easily do that.. plus the main reason for me to stay on gag is @igfunnyboi even though now i hate him to the core

• Fun times with fun people. It has nooooooothing to do with the alerts icon XD

• I suppose you could say it's insecurities. Not only my own but other's, it's nice to help build someone's secure wall sometimes and the GAG community builds your wall too if you ever need it. But there are some, like on every website, who love to come in like a wrecking ball. Ugh, I'm going all deep. Sorry

• 2 things :
    1- I made some good friends that I like talking to
    2- I really like helping people and hive them a good advice. , so yeah 😊

• I'm here mostly from boredom.

• It is for me to pass my time away

• When I still lived in a country that has amazon, I stayed for the amazon gift cards and because it can get quite entertaining when you otherwise have nothing to do.

Now I just stay because sometimes I might need to ask some questions. I'm a curious girl

• I honesly hate this website but im addicted

• The good people of GAG and the opportunity to help others from time to time are what keep me here.

• The ability to ask a question about anything.

• initially helping people and boredom. it also oddly helps me keep current.

then, the worst thing happened. i started feeling closer to people here.

• It's definitely the perverted men for me! 😋

• Well
    I came back since yesterday, and I missed the questions

Funny ones, ones that need help, etc. Helping people always is satisfying. It's really fun, this site